- Admiralty and Maritime Law Experience
- Represented the owner of a vessel from which heavy oil was spill following a collision as lead counsel in the first extensive litigation under the Oil Pollution Act of 1990, in which principles were established that remain followed by virtually all courts.
- Represented numerous business and governments in recovering economic losses arising out of the BP oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.
- Represented treasure salvage companies under the law of finds and salvage.
- Represented the purchaser of a fleet of harbor tugs.
- Brought numerous in rem foreclosure actions on behalf of lenders.
- Represented numerous vessel owners in collision cases.
- Defended and prosecuted products liability actions.
- Defended vessel interest in passenger, crew, and longshore workers’ wrongful death and personal injury actions.
- Defended numerous vessel owners in cargo damage cases.
- Negotiated and prepared charter agreements and contracts of affreightment.
- Assisted clients in determining appropriate insurance coverage.
- Represented foreign and domestic insurers in first party cases.
- Advised insurers on regulatory matters.
We follow industry news and trends so you can stay ahead of the game. Subscribe to receive emails regarding policies and findings that impact you and your business.
Already a subscriber and want to update your preferences? Click here.