How Linda Helps Clients
Linda, who heads Buchanan's Tallahassee, Florida, office, is well known for her depth of knowledge and breadth of experience in general government, land use and environmental law.
I enjoy sharing experience and insights to help a client solve complicated problems. I like to help people.
She has more than 35 years' experience in environment and land use permitting, working with state, regional and local entities and providing advice and assistance related to Florida administrative litigation and state agency practice. She also has experience in leadership roles in state government, giving her both legal and practical insight into Florida's laws regarding public records and sunshine requirements, ethics and administrative law and practice.
What Clients Can Expect
Linda is primarily involved in large complex projects that require multiple approvals at every level of government. Her trademark is the ability to handle these complex assignments without alienating participants. As witnessed by recognition such as her AV® Preeminent distinction, Linda is a great team player.
Outside the Office
Linda is active with her church and also enjoys community volunteer work. When not working, she and her husband like to sit back and listen to the band American Authors, which features their son on banjo and lead guitar.
- AV® Preeminent, the highest available mark for professional excellence from Martindale-Hubbell's Peer Review Ratings.
- One of The Best Lawyers in America® since 2006; Tallahassee's Environmental Law Lawyer of the Year (2016, 2017, 2018); Tallahassee's Administrative/Regulatory Law Lawyer of the Year (2012, 2014); Tallahassee's Government Relations Practice Lawyer of the Year (2012, 2014, 2016).
- Selected for inclusion in the Florida Super Lawyers list each year since 2006.
- Listed as a leading Zoning/Land Use lawyer in Florida by Chambers USA (2011-2018).
- Selected for the Florida Legal Elite Hall of Fame each year since 2009.
- Recommended by The Legal 500 as a lawyer in Land Use and Zoning in Florida.
- Frequent speaker on a variety of topics at land use CLEs.
University of Florida Levin College of Law, J.D., 1977
University of Florida, B.A., 1973
Vice Chair, Advisory Council of the Florida Conflict Resolution Consortium
Leadership Florida, Class XX
University of Florida Law Center Association: Board of Trustees, Emeritus
Zonta Club of Tallahassee, President
Federal Judicial Nominating Commission, Northern District: Member