How Kim Helps Clients
Kim Pizzingrilli is Chair of the firm's State Government Relations Practice Group. Before joining Buchanan, she spent over 25 years in state government, 15 years at executive level positions including Secretary of the Commonwealth and as a Commissioner on the Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission. While serving as commissioner, Kim helped lead the agency that affects every Pennsylvanian through its regulation of energy, telecommunications, water and transportation services. She focused on a number of critical utility issues related to service reliability, alternative energy, demand side and energy efficiency programs, gas safety, transportation and telecommunications policies.
Among her many state government roles, Kim also served as Secretary of the Commonwealth under Pennsylvania Governors Ridge and Schweiker overseeing elections, voter registration, corporate filings, charitable organizations and the regulation of notary publics and all professional and occupational licensing boards. Before that, she served the Department of State as Deputy Secretary for Regulatory Programs and began her career in state government with the Pennsylvania Treasury Department and then spent seven years with the Independent Regulatory Review Commission.
Drawing on her years of state government experience, Kim works with clients to develop strategies that help promote their business objectives and assists in navigating the regulatory, policy and legislative processes. She is a trusted advisor to CEOs, public affairs and government relations professionals, boards and general counsels of companies with multi-state footprints. She works with clients across a number of industries, including, energy, technology, water and transportation sectors.
What Clients Can Expect
Clients appreciate her strategic acumen, strong communication skills and proactive approach. She is often lauded for her responsiveness and strong understanding of how government works, which helps clients appreciate the process and achieve their business objectives.
- Served on the National Association of Regulatory Utility Commissioners' Natural Gas Committee
- Served as the Pennsylvania representative on the Mid-Atlantic Distributed Resource Initiative Steering Committee and the Midwest Demand Response Initiative Steering Committee
- Served as a member on the Board of the Organization of Midwest States
- Recipient of the 2010 National Association of Water Companies, Annual James McGirr Kelly Award for Excellence
- Recipient of the Greater Y.W.C.A., Women of Excellence Award
- Recipient of the National Association of Secretaries of State, Medallion Award
- Named a 2022 Women of Influence by the Central Penn Business Journal
University of Pennsylvania, M.G.A.
University of Pittsburgh, Johnstown, B.A., Business Economics
National Association of Regulatory Utility Commissioners, Emeritus Member and Secretary-Treasurer
National Association of Secretaries of States, Emeritus Member
National Association of Water Companies, Associate Member
Girls on the Run, Volunteer
Greater Y.W.C.A., Women of Excellence Award
James A. Finnegan Foundation, Former Program Judge
United Way, Volunteer, Women's Leadership Network
American Heart Association - Go Red for Women Executive Leadership Team