How Kash Helps Clients
Kash Karmand focuses his practice on class action, employment, healthcare, mass tort and other complex litigation matters, as well as employment counseling and internal investigations. He has experience handling a wide range of high-stakes disputes involving claims for:
- breach of contract
- breach of fiduciary duty
- employee benefits and retirement savings plans
- employment discrimination, harassment, and retaliation
- false or misleading advertising
- fraud and misrepresentation
- negligent hiring and supervision
- product liability
- securities fraud
- unfair competition
- unfair and deceptive acts or practices
- wage and hour law violations
- wrongful termination
He has litigated cases in state and federal courts across the country involving a multitude of industries, such as the consumer products, energy, financial services, food and beverage, healthcare and pharmaceutical industries.
Kash is experienced in all phases of litigation. His experience includes pre-suit investigations, fact and expert discovery, class certification, motions practice, trial preparation, trials, and appeals. He has significant experience researching, drafting, and arguing various successful motions, including anti-SLAPP motions, motions to dismiss, motions for summary judgment, Daubert motions, and motions in limine.
Prior to joining Buchanan, Kash was an associate in the nationally recognized complex litigation group at a mid-sized firm. During law school, he served as a judicial extern to the Honorable Maria-Elena James in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California and a law clerk to California’s former chief assistant attorney general for the civil law division.
What Clients Can Expect
Kash is a creative problem solver and zealous advocate who takes pride in providing his clients with high-quality service that is tailored to each client’s specific needs and goals.
Outside the Office
When he’s not working, Kash enjoys playing and watching sports, especially basketball, football and boxing. He is a passionate fan of the Houston Rockets and Oakland Raiders.
- Defeated a former employee’s challenge to a client’s employment arbitration agreement on grounds of procedural and substantive unconscionability in a wage and hour dispute resulting in a favorable court ruling upholding the client’s employment arbitration agreement in its entirety.
- Prepared and argued successful opposition to a motion to quash in a breach of contract and fraud dispute that sought to prevent deposition of a key third-party witness.
- Negotiated favorable settlement in a professional negligence lawsuit that was more than $100,000 less than the plaintiff’s original settlement demand by successfully leveraging the client’s strong defenses to liability and the threat of summary judgment motion.
University of California Hastings College of Law, J.D., 2011
University of California, Riverside, B.A., 2007, cum laude, History and Political Science
- District of Columbia
California Minority Counsel Program, Ambassadors Council, 2018-2021
Los Angeles County Bar Association
San Diego County Bar Association