Joseph A. Dougherty
- Advised a major regional bank on improving its strategies and protocol for protecting its customer and proprietary information, including development of enhanced employment agreements, confidentiality agreements and privacy policies.
- Defeated an international financial institution's attempts to enjoin a former employee from working for a competing firm, resulting in denial of attempt to get a temporary restraining order and ultimate dismissal of the state court action.
- Reviewed, updated and drafted new restrictive covenants, nondisclosure agreements and trade secret protection policies for a pharmaceutical distribution company.
- Drafted new restrictive covenants for a marketing and promotions firms and designed new procedures and policies to safeguard internal customer information and contact database software and systems.
- Successfully defended a financial services firm in a long running series of cases arising from employee departures related to acquisition of a prior employer, involving claims of “raiding,” unfair competition and misappropriation of trade secrets.
- Successfully obtained both injunctive relief and a damages award on behalf of a major stock brokerage firm in a case involving misappropriation of trade secrets, breach of contract and unfair competition.
- Defended a major Wall Street investment bank against unfair competition claims related to the hiring of multiple sales traders from a competitor's fixed income division.
- Obtained permanent injunctive relief in state court restraining a former employee from competing in the telecommunications industry.