How John Helps Clients
John works with management trustees of several multi-employer pension, as well as health and welfare funds, providing counsel on investments, vesting issues, compliance with U.S. Department of Labor regulations and assists with audit responses.
In addition, John represents both union and non-union employers, primarily in the contractor industry, in a wide variety of employment and traditional labor related matters, including employment litigation in state and federal courts, collective bargaining negotiations. He also provides wide-ranging human resources guidance to his clients.
What Clients Can Expect
John has the experience and the ability to clearly understand his clients’ goals and objectives and provide strategic advice, outlining all possible options and scenarios. He is methodical in his evaluation and his clients rely on his keen insight to determine the appropriate action for their particular issue.
Outside the Office
As a retired U.S. military officer, John works with other veterans to assist them with various legal issues and has also spent 30 years volunteering with a child welfare agency. In his spare time, you can find him on the golf course, perfecting his game.
- Represents management trustees of multi-employer pension as well as health and welfare funds.
- Participates in negotiations with various unions
- Defends employers in federal and state courts and before city, state and federal agencies in matters involving allegations of sexual harassment, race, age, sex, national origin, and disability discrimination, as well as associated claims of retaliation.
- Represents employers in breach of contract cases, violations of non-compete and confidentiality agreements and misappropriation of trade secrets.
- Provides advice on employee discipline and discharge reductions in force, in-house investigations and personnel policies.
- Represents employers before the National Labor Relations Board and the Pennsylvania Labor Relations Board in matters concerning unfair labor practice changes as well as union representation petitions and associated organizational campaigns.
University of Virginia School of Law, J.D., 1974
College of the Holy Cross, B.A., 1969, summa cum laude
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
The College of Labor and Employment Lawyers, Fellow