Jason's real estate experience includes the following transactions:
Representation a major beverage manufacturer in connection with the long-term ground lease of a to-be-constructed 600,000 sf manufacturing and warehousing facility in Baltimore, Maryland.
- Representation of a joint venture between the Pittsburgh Steelers, Pittsburgh Pirates and a national real estate developer in connection with its development of the North Shore entertainment district, which has resulted in millions of square feet of mixed-use development around Heinz Field and PNC Park.
- Representation of Point Park University in its acquisition of nearly a dozen buildings around its campus in Downtown Pittsburgh in support of its campus expansion master plan. Jason’s work culminated representing the University in the development of the new Pittsburgh Playhouse, which is a $60 million, 100,000 square foot multi-disciplinary theatre.
- Co-counsel to the stakeholders who submitted Western Pennsylvania’s bid for Amazon HQ2, which was subsequently shortlisted by Amazon.
- Representation of the owner of the Union Trust Building in securing public funding and entitlements to support the approximate $100 million renovation of this architectural treasure.
- Representation of PPG Industries, Inc. in the sale of approximately 3,000 acres of property to an oil and gas producer, which included complex restrictions against drilling that could impact underground brine caverns.
- Representation of buyers and sellers of major CBD buildings such as the Koppers Building, Liberty Center and Chamber of Commerce Building.
Jason has also developed a specialty in municipal law and serves as solicitor to the Public Parking Authority of Pittsburgh, which is internationally recognized as one of the most technologically advanced, development-oriented parking operations in the industry. Jason assists this client as follows:
- Representation in a variety of real estate matters, including the demolition and redevelopment of the Ninth and Penn Garage in the heart of Pittsburgh’s Cultural District.
- Drafting, negotiation and administration of the first contract in the United States for the deployment of pay-by-plate parking machines, which is widely used as a model in the parking industry.
- Representation with respect to Pennsylvania's Right-to-Know Law and Sunshine Act.
- Representation in procurement challenges, competitive bidding issues and disputes and governance questions.
We follow industry news and trends so you can stay ahead of the game. Subscribe to receive emails regarding policies and findings that impact you and your business.
Already a subscriber and want to update your preferences? Click here.