Jason P. Wrona focuses his practice on real estate and municipal law matters. He assists a wide range of commercial and institutional clients with respect to property and building sales and acquisitions; industrial, office and residential developments; zoning and planning issues; leases; property tax issues; and loan transactions.
In regards to Jason's real estate experience, he has been involved in the following transactions:
- Representation of a hotel developer and management company in the sale of a large portfolio of hotels to a REIT.
- Representation of joint venture comprising an NFL franchise, a national real estate developer and an MLB franchise in connection with its acquisition, development, ground lease and sublease of multiple mixed use buildings in an urban entertainment district.
- Representation of a university in the acquisition and development of multiple parcels of real estate as part of campus expansion plans. Jason subsequently secured a tax-exempt status for these properties.
- Representation of a professional sports team in the acquisition and development of real estate as part of the team's continued expansion surrounding its stadium.
- Representation of a casino developer with zoning and other land-use issues associated with the construction of a casino.
- Representation of an international investment, development and fund management group in the sale of a major industrial park. Jason is also responsible for routine leasing issues encountered by this client.
- Representation of a special servicer with real estate transactions throughout the United States.
Jason has also developed a specialty in municipal law and provides representation to the Public Parking Authority of Pittsburgh on a variety of legal issues. Jason assists this client as follows:
- Representation in a variety of real estate matters, including sales and leases of property, zoning and permitting issues and construction contract disputes.
- Representation with respect to Pennsylvania's Right-to-Know Law and Sunshine Act.
- Representation in procurement challenges, competitive bidding issues and disputes and governance questions.
Jason was selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America 2018 and 2019 in Real Estate Law. He was honored by his peers and selected to be on the 2012, 2013 and 2014 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers® Rising Stars list, which represents only the top 2.5 percent of lawyers in Pennsylvania. He has also been selected for inclusion in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business.
Prior to joining the firm, Jason was a litigator in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. He is co-author of a blight reduction and redevelopment plan for local communities and also engaged in private real estate redevelopment. He is particularly interested in urban redevelopment, especially in the City of Pittsburgh.
Jason is an avid fly fisherman and resides in the Northside of Pittsburgh.
University of Pittsburgh School of Law, J.D., 2005
Washington and Jefferson College, B.A., 2002, Economics
Pennsylvania Bar Association
Real Property Section, Allegheny County Bar Association
NAIOP: Commercial Real Estate Development Association
Board of Directors, Construction Junction
Board of Directors: Observatory Hill Inc.
Former Secretary, Calliope: The Folk Music Society of Pittsburgh
Former Co-Chair, Land Bank Committee of the City of Pittsburgh Land Recycling Task Force