How James Helps Clients
James is a commercial litigator with a focus in energy and natural resources law. He is well versed in every stage of litigation from pre-litigation negotiations, through trial, and appeals.
What Clients Can Expect
James is results driven and strives to achieve his clients’ overarching goals. He is experienced in managing complex cases, as well as formulating and implementing winning litigation strategies. His clients can expect honest counsel and trust that James will work diligently to achieve the best possible result for his clients.
Outside the Office
James and his wife relocated to Pittsburgh in 2018, where they welcomed their first child. James is an avid golfer and enjoys to fly fish.
- Recovered more than half of a million dollars in property taxes assessed in violation of a coal company’s due process rights and established new precedence before the Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia in the process.
- Recovered more than $1 Million dollars in disputed funds through pre-litigation negotiations.
- Defended a coal company in numerous water contamination cases asserted by 100+ plaintiffs.
- Defended clients in complex employment litigation against the National Labor Relations Board and the United States Department of Labor.
- Obtained a judgment in excess of $800,000 after prevailing on summary judgment in federal court.
West Virginia University College of Law, J.D., 2017
High Point University, B.A./B.S., 2014, Business Administration with Minor in Accounting
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of West Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- West Virginia
American Bar Association, Litigation Section, Products Liability Committee – Newsletter Editor