Non-compete and Non-solicitation Litigation
- Obtained Ex Parte temporary restraining order and stipulated to court order victory for a roofing client in a non-compete case.
- Obtained decision for a permanent injunction for a building products client after a two-day trial, finding that the defendant had violated his non-compete and ordered him to cease and desist for one year.
- Protected a computer software engineering company from a key marketing executive working for a competitor in violation of his national non-compete agreement and caused the company’s trade secrets to remain safe through a court order.
- Obtained a court order restricting a research and development professional from working for a competitor based upon the inevitable disclosure doctrine.
- Obtained a temporary restraining order in federal court preventing a senior buyer from working for a competitor of a retail merchandising client.
- Obtained a temporary restraining order and preliminary injunction order in federal court to prevent a high-level executive from working for a competitor of a large steel distributor.
- Represented a major Pennsylvania-based roofing company in preventing its former employees from violating a non-solicitation agreement by performing work for its customers, which included an injunction hearing in Allegheny County Court of Common Pleas.
- Represented a Pennsylvania-based manufacturer in preventing its former employee from violating his employment agreement by capitalizing on a business method that the manufacturer client owned.
- Won a jury trial in West Virginia on age discrimination claims brought against a large energy company.
- Won summary judgement for a large energy company involving national origin and age discrimination claims.
- Won summary judgment for a large hospital involving age and retaliation claims.
- Won summary judgment for a large non-profit organization on Equal Pay Act and retaliation claims, resulting in the Third Circuit affirming the district court.
- Defended a large research and development organization in a national origin and retaliation lawsuit, resulting in a victorious district court decision granting summary judgment and Third Circuit decision affirming summary judgment.
- Defended an international recruiting firm in a race discrimination and retaliation lawsuit, resulting in a victorious district court decision granting summary judgment and Third Circuit decision affirming summary judgment.
- Defended a broadcasting company in a federal court jury trial involving allegations of reverse race discrimination, sex discrimination and retaliation by a former employee.
- Defended a distributor of petroleum products in employment litigation in West Virginia involving claims of age discrimination, retaliation and various tort claims.
Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and Pennsylvania Wage Payment and Collection Law (WPCL) Disputes
- Defended healthcare and energy companies in FLSA collective actions involving misclassification of independent contractors.
- Defended a mortgage company in a FLSA collective action involving hundreds of plaintiffs against claims that the company had misclassified its loans officers.
- Defended a religious organization in a FLSA retaliation and wrongful termination case brought by a former employee, including a victorious decision from the Third Circuit to affirm a successful result in the lower court.
- Represented a major broadcasting company in a jury trial in Allegheny County on breach of contract and WPCL claims brought by a former executive, including a victorious argument where the Court granted a compulsory non-suit.
- Defended a significant mutual fund manager in a FLSA collective action and WPCL class action that resulted in a dismissal of the case from federal court.
- Won summary judgment and motion to dismiss for a large energy company on whistleblower claims involving Sarbanes-Oxley Act and the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act.
- Defended multiple healthcare clients and a university in a qui tam action involving claims under the False Claims Act and state Whistleblower Acts.
- Won a motion to dismiss for a roofing company in a wrongful termination claim based on a former employees alleged workers’ compensation retaliation claim.
- Defended a significant mutual fund manager in a FINRA arbitration involving breach of contract, defamation and other various tort claims.
- Defended an independent, public entity from a lawsuit involving Section 1983 and breach of contract claims, including a victorious decision by the district court dismissing the lawsuit and the Third Circuit affirming that decision.
- Defended a financial service company and a large research and development organization from multiple lawsuits involving ADA-compliance issues.
We follow industry news and trends so you can stay ahead of the game. Subscribe to receive emails regarding policies and findings that impact you and your business.
Already a subscriber and want to update your preferences? Click here.