Jacqui Fiske Lazo's practice focuses primarily on commercial real estate development and governmental representations. Jacqui is admitted to practice in Pennsylvania and Connecticut. She also serves as co-chair for strategic development and co-office head for the firm’s Washington, D.C. office.
- Representative transactions on which Jacqui has worked include:
- Representation of the Sports and Exhibition Authority of Pittsburgh and Allegheny County in its negotiations with the Pittsburgh Penguins with respect to the leasing and development of Pittsburgh's new multipurpose arena.
- Local representation of the owner of the casino located in downtown Pittsburgh with respect to many issues related to the construction and development of the casino, including land use and permitting.
- Representation of the Pittsburgh Parking Authority, as solicitor in its transactional and general matters, including negotiations related to the privatization of the parking system. Representation of an international property development and investment management business in negotiations pertaining to joint ventures for the acquisition and development of properties located in the New York City area.
- Representation of a major national apartment developer in the acquisition, development and financing of several apartment buildings, including the first residential apartment complex in downtown Pittsburgh.
- Representation of the developer in the acquisition, development and financing of a complex urban planned community that was built in Pittsburgh upon a slag heap.
- Representation of developers in the acquisition and financing of several residential developments, including the formation of homeowners associations and common interest ownership documentation.
Jacqui has also handled the purchase and financing of a variety of properties, including office buildings, throughout the United States; the disposition of many properties, including industrial parks; and the negotiation of many leases for office space.
Jacqui is a member of the American College of Real Estate Lawyers. She has been consistently selected to the Pennsylvania Super Lawyers® and to the Best Lawyers in America® list. Additionally, in 2013 she was named a 2013 Pittsburgh Lawyer of the Year by Best Lawyers and in 2010 was selected to the Corporate Counsel Super Lawyers® list.
University of Connecticut, J.D., 1978, cum laude
Goucher College, B.A., 1973, with high honors, Phi Beta Kappa
- Washington, D.C.
American Bar Association Section of International Law
Solicitor, Pittsburgh Public Parking Authority
Connecticut Bar Association
Past President, Real Property Section, Allegheny County Bar Association
Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section, Pennsylvania Bar Association
American College of Real Estate Lawyers
Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh, Past Chair, Life Trustee
Point Park University, Trustee Emeritus
International Women's Forum, Pittsburgh Chapter, Past President
The First Tee of the Virginia Blue Ridge, Trustee
Farmington Country Club, Director
Charlottesville Area Community Foundation, Governance Committee member