How Jack Helps Clients
Jack Fischer is an experienced litigator with over 25 years of experience defending and prosecuting complex civil litigation matters in a variety of forums. With extensive experience in the areas of insurance coverage and insurance bad faith litigation he has represented some of the world’s leading insurance companies in both contractual and extra-contractual disputes in both state and federal court. Jack has also represented clients in a variety of business disputes involving claims arising out of non-compete agreements as well as claims of infringement upon trade secret and trade dress rights.
Prior to joining Buchanan, Jack was a civilian contractor with a leading consulting firm where he provided contracts administration and risk management/risk mitigation services to the Department of Defense on a variety of contract vehicles valued in excess of $150M.
Jack is a member of the firm’s Litigation Practice Group where he focuses primarily on the defense of long-term health care providers in matters venued throughout the State of California.
What Clients Can Expect
Jack is a tenacious litigator who thinks outside of the box in order to achieve the best results possible for his clients in the most expeditious and cost-effective means possible. He brings with him a wealth of experience which helps him develop creative solutions to his clients’ most pressing problems.
The young man knows the rules, but the old man knows the exceptions.
~ Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
Outside the Office
Jack's outside interests include hiking, spending time with his three children, and learning how to play guitar. He is also passionate about coaching his son’s little league teams and imparting life lessons trough sports.
- Prevailed on an insurance bad faith case disposed of by way of demurrer without leave to amend.
- Obtained a stipulated judgment in his client’s favor after a four-day jury trial on an elder abuse/quiet title action.
- Prevailed on a summary judgment motion in an insurance coverage action involving in excess of 100 underlying construction defect claims.
California Western School of Law, J.D., 1993
University of Maryland, College Park, B.A., 1988
- California Southern District Court
- California Central District Court
- California Eastern District Court
- California Northern District Court
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
San Diego County Bar Association