- Defended Highmark Inc., Pennsylvania’s only Blue Shield plan and one of our nation’s largest health insurers, in numerous state forums against claims of irregularities in the fundamental corporate transaction that created the entity as well as class action litigation challenging the surplus and reserve levels maintained by the company.
- Represented an insurance company in a stock purchase transaction involving the sale of a life insurance company, including the preparation of an administrative services agreement, reinsurance agreement and Insurance Department regulatory filings.
- Represented Wynn Resorts, Inc. and its principal, Steven Wynn in insurance litigation involving construction claims, fine art losses and general property losses.
- Represented a coalition of title insurance companies, which collectively account for over 90% of the written title insurance premium in State of Delaware, in the formation and operation of a title insurance rating organization in Delaware.
- Representing Highmark Inc., one of the largest Blue Cross/Blue Shield licensees in the country, in its consolidation with Independence Blue Cross before the Pennsylvania Insurance Department and several state insurance departments throughout the country.
- Represented Comerica Bank in a $120 million collateral swap transaction involving a Pennsylvania-based insurance company in rehabilitation.
- Represented OneBeacon Insurance Company in litigation of a preference action brought by the statutory liquidator of Legion Insurance Company (In Liquidation).
- Represented and advised several clients with respect to their rights and interests in the recent insolvencies of PHICO, Reliance Insurance Company, and Legion and Villanova Insurance Companies.
We follow industry news and trends so you can stay ahead of the game. Subscribe to receive emails regarding policies and findings that impact you and your business.
Already a subscriber and want to update your preferences? Click here.