How Frederick Helps Clients
Frederick guides clients through all stages of litigation and regulatory compliance. His practice areas include:
- Commercial, business and employment litigation
- Data breach preparation and response
- Monitoring and compliance with privacy regulations
- Cybersecurity best practices counseling
- Compliance with marketing and advertising regulations
- Healthcare litigation, transactions and regulatory counseling
What Clients Can Expect
Frederick has directly supervised litigation and regulatory compliance for a wide range of clients including: online service providers; international retail; public entities; hospitals and healthcare systems; real estate developers; franchisors; financial institutions; and technology companies. This broad range of experience gives Frederick cross-sector perspective and allows him to provide clients with informed and effective decision-making advice about operation, litigation and compliance.
Prior to entering private practice, Frederick spent two years as a federal judicial law clerk at the United States District Court for the Southern District of California. As a former federal judicial law clerk, Frederick can help clients analyze litigation from the perspective of the bench.
I am experienced in all phases of litigation and I am motivated to obtain the best result for our clients.
Outside the Office
Outside of the office, Frederick is an avid reader. He recently finished reading all 25 joint Hugo/Nebula award winning books, and is currently working his way through Time’s list of the 100 Best Novels of all time. He is also a San Diego native, enjoys spending time at the beach with his family and loves going to Padres games.
- Certified U.S. Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/US) by the IAPP, the global industry standard for privacy professionals.
- Prepared ACC NCR presentation materials on CCPA compliance, “Five Best Practices for Compliance with the CCPA.”
- Prepared presentation materials for AG’s office on federal contractor and vendor cybersecurity best practices.
- Won award of monetary sanctions for failure to comply with discovery order on behalf of nationwide healthcare system.
- Won motion to compel arbitration for corporate client in suit alleging disability discrimination, and subsequently obtained dismissal of claims through motion for summary adjudication.
- Won motion to dismiss FDCPA/TCPA claims in United States District Court for the Southern District of California.
- Won dismissal of suits brought against online vacation rental platform based on lack of personal jurisdiction in California, Nevada, and Louisiana.
- Won dismissal of suit brought against international perfume manufacturer based on lack of personal jurisdiction in California.
- Second-chaired trial to jury verdict on behalf of residential care facility.
- Won award of monetary sanctions in discovery battle, resulting in plaintiffs’ voluntary dismissal of all claims against represented defendants.
- Won appeal in California’s Fourth District Court of Appeal regarding statutory compliance with Government Claims Act, resulting in dismissal of entire action on behalf of public entity.
- Won appeal in Ninth Circuit Court of Appeal in case involving allegations of employment discrimination, RICO conspiracy, and breach of contract, resulting in affirmation of trial court victory.
California Western School of Law, J.D., 2013
Bucknell University, B.A., 2010, Philosophy
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
Certified U.S. Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/US)
International Association of Privacy Professionals, Member
American Health Law Association, Member
San Diego County Federal Bar Association, Member
Association of Business Trial Lawyers, Member