How Frederick Helps Clients
Frederick guides Fortune 500 clients through all stages of litigation related to healthcare, business disputes, regulatory compliance and general liability defense. He has successfully litigated cases through trial and appeal, including wins in both state and federal court. He has experience handling a wide range of high-stakes disputes involving claims for:
- Breach of contract
- Defamation and libel
- Elder abuse
- False advertising
- FDCPA/TCPA claims
- Fraud and misrepresentation
- General liability
- Health and Safety Code violations
- HIPAA violations
- Intentional infliction of emotional distress
- Invasion of privacy and data security
- Medical malpractice
- Negligent hiring, training and supervision
- Products liability
- Unfair business practices and unfair competition
What Clients Can Expect
Frederick has directly supervised case management for a wide range of clients, from local public entities to the largest insurance companies in America. This experience allows him to effectively communicate litigation strategy to clients so they can evaluate risk and make informed decisions.
Prior to entering private practice, Frederick spent two years as a judicial law clerk at the United States District Court for the Southern District of California. As a former judicial law clerk, Frederick can help clients analyze litigation from the perspective of the court.
I am experienced in all phases of litigation and I am motivated to obtain the best result for our clients.
Outside the Office
Outside of the office, Frederick enjoys spending time at the beach with his family. He is also a San Diego native and enjoys going to Padres games.
- Obtained dismissal of medical malpractice and elder abuse claims on motion for summary judgement on behalf of hospital.
- Defeated appeal regarding compliance with Government Claims Act, resulting in dismissal of entire action on behalf of public entity.
- Obtained award of monetary sanctions for failure to comply with discovery order on behalf of healthcare client.
California Western School of Law, J.D., 2013
Bucknell University, B.A., 2010, Philosophy
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
Louis M. Welsh American Inn of Court, associate, 2016-present
Association of Business Trial Lawyers, member, 2015-present
San Diego County Federal Bar Association, subcommittee chairperson, 2014-present
California Western School of Law, annual guest speaker, Federal Clerkships, 2015-present