How Frederick Helps Clients
Frederick guides Fortune 500 clients through all stages of litigation. His practice areas include: commercial and business litigation; data breaches, privacy compliance and cybersecurity; real estate development; and employee defense. He has successfully litigated cases through trial and appeal, including wins in both state and federal court. He has experience handling a wide range of high-stakes disputes involving claims for:
- General liability;
- Breach of contract;
- False advertising;
- FDCPA/TCPA claims;
- Fraud and misrepresentation;
- Data breaches;
- Invasion of privacy and data security compliance;
- Unfair business practices and unfair competition;
- Negligent hiring, training and supervision; and
- Wrongful termination.
In addition, Frederick provides compliance and best practices advice to clients trying to stay abreast of the ever-changing data privacy statutes, including the California Consumer Protection Act (CCPA) and Europe’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
What Clients Can Expect
Frederick has directly supervised litigation for a wide range of clients including public entities, healthcare systems, nationwide real estate developers, and the largest insurance companies in America. This experience allows him to effectively communicate litigation and risk amelioration strategies to clients so they can make informed decisions about operation, litigation, and compliance.
Prior to entering private practice, Frederick spent two years as a judicial law clerk at the United States District Court for the Southern District of California. As a former federal judicial law clerk, Frederick can help clients analyze litigation from the perspective of the court.
I am experienced in all phases of litigation and I am motivated to obtain the best result for our clients.
Outside the Office
Outside of the office, Frederick enjoys spending time at the beach with his family. He is also a San Diego native and enjoys going to Padres games.
- Defeated appeal regarding compliance with Government Claims Act, resulting in dismissal of entire action on behalf of public entity.
- Obtained award of monetary sanctions for failure to comply with discovery order on behalf of nationwide healthcare system.
- Won motion to compel arbitration for corporate client in suit alleging disability discrimination.
- Obtained dismissal of FDCPA/TCPA claims in federal court related to allegations of telephone marketing.
- Published article on CCPA compliance titled “Some Reprieves in New California Consumer Privacy Act Amendments.”
California Western School of Law, J.D., 2013
Bucknell University, B.A., 2010, Philosophy
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
Louis M. Welsh American Inn of Court, associate, 2016-present
Association of Business Trial Lawyers, member, 2015-present
San Diego County Federal Bar Association, subcommittee chairperson, 2014-present
California Western School of Law, annual guest speaker, Federal Clerkships, 2015-present