How Frederick Helps Clients
Frederick guides clients through all stages of litigation. His practice areas include: commercial and business litigation; data breaches, privacy compliance, and cybersecurity; construction disputes; employment defense; marketing and advertising law; financial litigation; and general liability insurance defense. He has successfully litigated cases through trial and appeal, and has experience in state court, federal court, and arbitration.
In addition to his litigation practice, Frederick provides compliance and best practices advice to clients trying to stay abreast of the ever-changing data privacy statutes, including the California Consumer Protection Act (CCPA), California Privacy Rights Act (CPRA), and Europe’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
What Clients Can Expect
Frederick has directly supervised litigation for a wide range of clients including: public entities; hospitals, physicians, and healthcare systems; real estate developers and master planned communities; insurance companies; online vacation rental platforms; franchises; and financial institutions. This experience allows him to effectively communicate litigation and risk strategies to clients so they can make informed decisions about operation, litigation, and compliance.
Prior to entering private practice, Frederick spent two years as a judicial law clerk at the United States District Court for the Southern District of California. As a former federal judicial law clerk, Frederick can help clients analyze litigation from the perspective of the court.
I am experienced in all phases of litigation and I am motivated to obtain the best result for our clients.
Outside the Office
Outside of the office, Frederick enjoys spending time at the beach with his family. He is also a San Diego native and enjoys going to Padres games.
- Won appeal regarding compliance with Government Claims Act, resulting in dismissal of entire action on behalf of public entity.
- Won award of monetary sanctions for failure to comply with discovery order on behalf of nationwide healthcare system.
- Won motion to compel arbitration for corporate client in suit alleging disability discrimination, and subsequently obtained dismissal of claims through motion for summary adjudication.
- Won motion to dismiss FDCPA/TCPA claims in federal court related to allegations of telephone marketing.
- Won dismissal of multiple general liability suits brought against online vacation rental platform in multiple jurisdictions based on lack of personal jurisdiction.
- Second-chaired trial to jury verdict on behalf of residential care facility.
California Western School of Law, J.D., 2013
Bucknell University, B.A., 2010, Philosophy
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
Louis M. Welsh American Inn of Court, associate, 2016-present
Association of Business Trial Lawyers, member, 2015-present
San Diego County Federal Bar Association, subcommittee chairperson, 2014-present
California Western School of Law, annual guest speaker, Federal Clerkships, 2015-present