Erin is a business attorney with over 15 years of experience advising and representing businesses in the full spectrum of legal disputes and problems affecting business such as those involving commercial contracts, shareholder disputes, corporate governance, IP/copyright, employment matters, insurance coverage, financing and various tort-based claims. Her specialties include complex business litigation and counseling as well as risk assessment. Erin represents businesses in a wide variety of industries including technology, energy, engineering, finance, professional sports, aviation and banking. Her clients range from regional businesses to national and international corporations who she has represented in both state and federal courts, as well is in arbitration.
- Assisted in obtaining summary judgment in favor of director/shareholder in a direct action (seeking a 70+ million dollar damages award) brought by a corporate shareholder alleging breach of fiduciary duties in connection with a down-round equity financing transaction that diluted the plaintiff’s equity.
- Served as second chair in obtaining a defense verdict after a three-week jury trial in Federal District Court on behalf of the founder and shareholder of a special metals processing business against claims by minority shareholder of breach of contract, fraud, breach of fiduciary duty and breaches of Pennsylvania securities laws with asserted damages of $40 million.
- Assisted in successfully defending a national bank against a $100 million lender liability action brought in a Pennsylvania federal court involving a failed Rocky Mountain ski resort and simultaneously securing a multi-million dollar judgment for monies advanced.
- In one of the first non-compete cases concerning the Marcellus Shale, prevailed in the defense of a former employee who established a competitive drilling-related services business in federal district court against claims for preliminary injunction and substantial money damages. Thereafter, prevailed in the Third Circuit Court of Appeals against former employer's subsequent effort to abandon in progress the lawsuit it had commenced in favor of pursuing its claims instead in a more favorable arbitration forum.
- Assisted in the defense and negotiation of dismissals or settlements on behalf of aircraft parts manufacturers in wrongful death and survival actions arising out of aviation accidents. Also, assisted in the defense of commercial airlines in personal injury actions and the defense of aviation insurers in insurance coverage actions.
Honors & Recognitions
- Named 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 Pennsylvania Rising Star in Business Litigation (selection limited to top 2.5 percent of young lawyers practicing in Pennsylvania)
- Recipient of 2014 "Outstanding Young Lawyer of the Year" Award from the Allegheny County Bar Association Young Lawyers Division
- Recipient of American Bar Association Young Lawyers Division "Star of the Quarter" Award (May 2014)
- One of 38 Pennsylvania attorneys selected to the "2013 Lawyers on the Fast Track" by The Legal Intelligencer
University of Notre Dame Law School, J.D., 2004
Carnegie Mellon University, B.S., 2001, Business Administration and Professional Writing
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of North Dakota
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
The Pittsburgh Legal Journal and Lawyers Journal: Editor-In-Chief (2016-present)
Allegheny County Bar Association: Vice Chair (2020-2021) and Council Member of Civil Litigation Section (2013-present); Chair of the Publications Committee (2016-present); Board of Governors (2010-2013); Chair of the Young Lawyers Division (2011-2012); YLD Executive Council (2008-2013)
Carnegie Mellon Tepper School of Business: Teaching Assistant, Strategic Management “Management Game” (2005-present)
33rd Annual National Trial Advocacy College (University of Virginia School of Law)
Young Professional Advisory Board for the Emmaus Community of Pittsburgh: Chair (2013-2016); Member (2012-present)
The Early Learning Institute Board of Trustees: Vice President (2017-2020); Second Vice President (2015 – 2017), Trustee (2014-present); Chair of the Law Committee (2014 – 2020)
Allegheny County Bar Foundation, Fellow
Pennsylvania Bar Foundation, Young Lawyer Lifetime Fellow
Leadership Pittsburgh: Leadership Development Initiative Class XXI