Deborah B. Walrath focuses her practice on representing financial institutions and borrowers in a wide variety of commercial loan transactions and other credit accommodations. These transactions include secured and unsecured syndicated and single-bank credit facilities, real estate financings, asset based loans, acquisition financings, bond financings, letter of credit transactions, as well as refinancings and commercial workouts of the foregoing.
Deb is a shareholder, member of the firm's Financial Institutions and Real Estate Sections and member of the firm’s Advisory Committee.
Lenders and Borrowers have relied on Deb's significant experience in health care finance, senior housing finance and low income housing tax credit and historic tax credit financings.
Recent representations include:
- The agent in a $300,000,000 syndicated unsecured facility to a national restaurant chain;
- The agent in a $400,000,000 syndicated senior secured credit facility to a greeting card company;
- The agent in a $50 million syndicated senior secured acquisition financing of a pallet company;
- The agent in a $582.5 million syndicated revolving credit and term loan facility of a mutual fund company;
- The agent in a $400 million syndicated senior secured financing of a medical device company;
- The borrower in a $165 million mortgage portfolio financing insured by HUD and a related $37.5 million secured revolving credit facility;
- The borrower (a national chain of long term care providers) in a $180 million syndicated term and revolving credit facility;
- The lender in a restructuring of a $25 million construction loan to rehabilitate a historic property using historic tax credits;
- The agent in a $25 million secured collateral pool financing of an owner of senior housing properties;
- The lender in a $15 million mortgage financing of a skilled nursing home;
- The lender in a $20.1 million mortgage financing of a retail center;
- The agent in a $100 million senior secured revolving credit facility to a hospital chain;
- The letter of credit provider of a $19.1 million construction phase letter of credit securing a bond financing with low income housing tax credits; and
- The agent in the restructuring of a $61 million construction loan to a retail center.
Deb also has experience representing privately and publicly held businesses in mergers, acquisitions and dispositions, and in general corporate and commercial transactions.
She has been selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® consecutively since 2016 list under the Real Estate Law category.
Deb joined Buchanan in September 1985.
The George Washington University Law School, J.D., 1985, cum laude
Brown University, B.A., 1979, Human Biology
Allegheny County Bar Association
Milestone Centers Inc., past president and current member of the Board of Directors
Social Venture Partners, Partner
Parental Stress Center, Inc., past counsel to the Board of Directors