How Daniel Helps Clients
Dan’s practice focuses on corporate transactions and counseling, with emphasis on mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance and compliance, capital markets, commercial contracts and other complex transactions. He has broad-based experience in private equity and startup work and in the financial services, energy, technology and manufacturing industries. He has handled matters of all scopes and sizes for companies ranging from early-stage startups to large private ventures and multibillion-dollar global conglomerates.
What Clients Can Expect
Dan believes that the real value that lawyers can provide their clients is the peace of mind that comes with knowing their affairs are being handled comprehensively, exhaustively and with full attention to details that others may not even notice. He prides himself on being a friendly, engaging counselor that clients know understands their business and their priorities. He believes there is always a way from Point A to Point B – it is just a matter of creativity, will and hard work.
Outside the Office
Born, raised and educated in Pittsburgh, Dan is a proud native son of the Steel City. He enjoys spending time with his wife and two wonderful little girls. On the rare occasions he has free time outside of that, Dan enjoys Pittsburgh sports, classic movies, tinkering with computers, and reading about policy, philosophy, economics and history.
- Assistant lead associate and due diligence manager for a European private equity group’s cross-border purchase of the commodities warehousing business of one of the biggest investment banks in the world.
- Successfully closed a public tender offer acquisition of a NASDAQ-traded industrial software company for a global hedge fund.
- Advised an NYSE-traded industrial tooling company on revisions to corporate governance policies in response to pressure from activist shareholders and prepared related proxy materials.
- Represented a San Francisco-based private equity group in its multimillion-dollar acquisition of a Pennsylvania-based oil & gas wellsite operations and logistics company.
- Assisted an American auto-parts manufacturer in successfully renegotiating a large-scale parts-supply contract with a leading European luxury automaker.
- Advised one the world’s top oil and gas companies on legal issues related to governance of its Marcellus Shale operating companies.
- Counseled an internet payment processing company on the applicability of FinCEN rules to handling payments made in cryptocurrencies.
- Assisted with due diligence work for the unwinding of a $200 billion business unit for one of the largest multinational corporations in the world.
University of Pittsburgh School of Law, J.D., 2012
University of Pittsburgh Katz Graduate School of Business, M.B.A., 2012
University of Pittsburgh, B.A./B.S., 2007, Philosophy, Psychology, History & Philosophy of Science
- District of Columbia (application submitted)