How Crystal Helps Clients
With close to 20 years of government affairs experience at the state and federal levels, Crystal is a seasoned advocate providing political, strategic and policy direction to her clients. She brings a depth of knowledge in the health care arena and is known for her ability to develop policy solutions and build a team to accomplish the goal through her expertise in coalition development and grassroots advocacy. Crystal couples her strategic planning abilities with her deep legislative relationships and knowledge of the legislative and appropriations process to devise an approach to help her clients successfully navigate government to achieve their business goals.
Crystal most recently served as Interim Chief Executive Officer of the Florida Hospital Association (FHA) after serving as an Executive Vice President and VP of Government Affairs with the FHA since 2013. Prior to joining FHA, Crystal served as director of government affairs for WellCare Health Plans and government relations director for National Strategies, Inc.
What Clients Can Expect
Crystal prides herself on solving her clients’ big problems. She works diligently to customize the best approach – whether it’s helping craft legislation, working with regulatory agencies or creating business to business solutions – to obtain the best result and meet the clients’ objectives. Crystal’s clients appreciate her ability to easily immerse herself in their business and to become an extension of their team.
Outside the Office
Crystal and her husband Jesse live in Tallahassee with their two daughters. As avid Florida State fans, you can find them at football, baseball or basketball games on the weekends or heading to the beach in their Jeep. Crystal also enjoys gardening and bringing neglected house plants back to life.
- Developed a bipartisan, statewide coalition to increase access to health care resulting in a $450 million rate increase for hospitals.
- Served as a member of the State Emergency Operations Center COVID-19 response team to advocate for and ensure the needs of Florida’s patients and hospitals were met and served on the state COVID-19 Vaccine Taskforce assisting to develop a mass vaccination plan for hospitals.
- Worked to successfully pass legislation to:
- Expand access to care through allowing APRN’s to practice autonomously.
- Provide Floridians greater transparency to health care costs and quality through a searchable database allowing patients to compare hospitals (HB 1175).
- Increase accountability and transparency around hospital’s patients safety culture through requiring hospitals to conduct surveys of staff and publicly report areas for improvement.
Florida State University, M.A., 2004, American Politics and Public Policy
Florida State University, B.S., 2003, Political Science
- Florida Rural Health Association
- Centene National Hospital Advisory Committee
- Leadership Tallahassee, Class 28
- Florida Department of Health COVID-19 Vaccination Taskforce
- Co-Chair, Health Care Committee, Associated Industries of Florida Restore Economic Strength through Employment and Tourism Taskforce (RESET)
- Phi Mu Fraternity, Alpha Epsilon