How Courtney Helps Clients
Courtney works as an associate in the firm’s Litigation section, with a focus on matrimonial & family law. She assists clients through spousal and child support cases, equitable distribution matters, child custody matters, divorces, post-judgment, and appellate matters. Courtney also has experience with adoptions and guardian ad litem proceedings.
Prior to joining Buchanan, Courtney worked as an associate attorney at a boutique matrimonial law firm in New York. Before that, Courtney practiced matrimonial and family law in North Carolina, where she also oversaw civil litigation cases, as well as probate and estate matters.
Courtney especially enjoys financially complex domestic matters involving unique assets and nontraditional revenue streams.
What Clients Can Expect
The diversity of Courtney’s legal practice allows her to take a unique and tailored approach to clients’ cases. Courtney is a creative problem solver who enjoys getting to know her clients and figuring out how she can best help them meet their business needs.
Outside the Office
Courtney enjoys staying active, watching Yankees and Rangers games with her fiancé, and playing with her two cats, Lido and Scout.
- Successfully argued against interim stays in New York’s First and Second Appellate Divisions.
- Represented and successfully argued for a client’s pre-marriage contributions in marital home during a divorce action.
- Aided in the representation of multiple clients involved in child custody matters involving domestic and international relocations.
To learn more about industry rankings, click here.
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
Charlotte School of Law, J.D., 2016
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, B.A., 2013, Double Major in Public Policy and Political Science
Koc University, 2015, Middle Eastern Business Law, Islamic Finance
- New Jersey Pending
- New York
- North Carolina
New York Bar Association
North Carolina Bar Association
- Rotary Club of Lake Norman, YP-35 member (2016 – 2018)
- Department of Health & Human Services, Certified Health Care Navigator (2014 -2015)
- Legal Aid of Southern Piedmont, Pro Bono Service Volunteer (2014 – 2015)
- Durham County Public Schools, Extern (2013)