- Represented a construction management client on a $4 billion financing and development project to renovate an historic hotel and resort in Miami Beach, and the construction of a 63-story casino, retail and condominium-hotel resort tower in Las Vegas.
- Represented a publicly-traded drug testing and research company in a $20,000,000 land acquisition and subsequent construction of a clinical research facility.
- Advised an international EPC on the contract negotiation of a multi-billion dollar P3 project that involved financing, designing, building, operating and maintaining an airport Automated People Mover system.
- Represented an industrial company regarding environmental issues associated with the acquisition of 11 industrial facilities through the United States.
- Represented a university in negotiating and documenting the extensive renovation, modernization and expansion of an existing science building to add multiple floors with significant additional classroom and new state-of-the art laboratory spaces. The project required phasing to accommodate the continued use of the building, and the development of evolving and final design and construction documents, and separate guaranteed maximum price proposals for each project phase.
- Represented a construction management joint venture in multiple lawsuits arising from a state prison project. More than $15 million in claims were brought by eight prime contractors regarding this $112 million multi-prime contract.
- Lobbied state government to draft legislation that resulted in state funding in excess of $150 million for construction of Heinz Field.
- Represented an owner-developer in structuring financing for a large residential construction project (more than 500 houses) on the Florida Gulf Coast.
- In a public-private partnership (P3), represented a California city in the development and construction of a $650 million water desalination facility.
- Representing a Major League Baseball team in all facets of its project to build a new stadium.
- Won a defense verdict for a steel fabricator after a six-week trial on claim arising from failure of the granite facade on a 30-story office building.
- Represented a national banking association in negotiating and drafting contracts for design and construction of LEED Platinum-certified office tower.
- Represented a passenger rail car manufacturer and supplier in a joint venture to design and construct a new line in northern New Jersey.
- Obtained environmental insurance coverage for owners of properties with soil and groundwater contamination.
We follow industry news and trends so you can stay ahead of the game. Subscribe to receive emails regarding policies and findings that impact you and your business.
Already a subscriber and want to update your preferences? Click here.