How Christopher Helps Clients
Chris utilizes his extensive tax and accounting background to assist high-net-worth individuals and closely-held businesses with establishing and implementing sophisticated wealth transfer strategies, charitable planning, and business formation and restructuring. He also has extensive experience in tax controversy, the purchase, sale and operation of private aircraft, and tax planning for real estate transactions.
Given the personal nature of his work, Chris takes the time to understand each family’s dynamics and their goals. He believes the key to a successful planning relationship is being positioned to address both day-to-day tax challenges and long-term business and philanthropic objectives.
Chris has been selected as a Florida Super Lawyers Rising Star consecutively since 2017 and has been recognized by Best Lawyers: Ones To Watch since 2021 for Tax Law.
What Clients Can Expect
Chris has valuable experience in all phases of the tax and business planning process. Clients can expect structures and advice that account for pressure points that may arise during implementation or during examination by the Internal Revenue Service. This special attention to execution and defense of tax planning strategies insures that a great plan actually leads to lasting results.
Complex problems sometimes require complex solutions, but the client should always understand the purpose for the plan and the goals that we are achieving.
Outside the Office
When outside of the office, you will find Chris spending time with his wife, Paige, and two children, Davis and Virginia, enjoying the Florida weather.
- Structured the reorganization of second and third generation family holdings to allow for the consolidation of ownership and to provide liquidity to family members no longer involved in management.
- Drafted and successfully defended estate and gift tax returns before the IRS.
- Structured the tax efficient acquisition of business aircraft in various organizational structures including private equity funds, family offices, and other large closely-held businesses.
University of Florida Levin College of Law, LL.M.
University of Florida Levin College of Law, J.D., cum laude
University of Florida, B.S., Accounting
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. Tax Court
Hillsborough County Bar Association (Chair, Tax Section)
Florida Bar (Member, Tax Section)
National Business Aviation Association
Crisis Center of Tampa Bay (Member of the Legacy Council)