Brooke Barber Kostelnik focuses her practice on real estate law with particular emphasis in the area of commercial real estate finance. Prior to focusing her practice on commercial real estate finance, Brooke concentrated her practice in the areas of corporate and commercial litigation.
On behalf of real estate clients, Brooke has documented and negotiated a variety of loan transactions for large financial institutions and commercial developers, including transactions involving the acquisition, financing and construction of major office buildings, hotels, retail shopping malls, multifamily apartment buildings, student housing centers and health care facilities.
Brooke frequently represents financial institutions as both lenders and agents. Some of her recent projects include:
- Represented borrower in the refinancing of a series of office buildings in the City of Pittsburgh.
- Represented buyer in the acquisition of a shopping center in Western Pennsylvania.
- Represented borrower in connection with a revolving line of credit facility for the acquisition of all assets of a target entity.
- Represented agent in making a $225,000,000 term loan to finance a 600,000 square foot shopping center in Southern California.
- Represented agent in making a $135,000,000 term loan to finance a mixed-use development in Phoenix.
- Represented agent in making a $90,000,000 construction loan for the development of a 300-unit multi-family project in Hawaii.
- Represented agent in connection with a $74,000,000 credit facility for the construction of a 30-story hotel in New York City.
- Represented lender in making $50,000,000 revolving credit facility to multiple borrowers secured by a collateral pool of properties located in Tennessee, Texas and Georgia.
- Represented lender in making a $47,000,000 construction loan for the development of a multi-family apartment project in Seattle.
- Represented lender in making a $56,000,000 construction and tax credit bridge loan for the construction and development of a 225 room hotel in Pittsburgh.
- Represented lender in extending multi-million dollar credit facilities for the construction of cottage-style student housing projects in North Carolina and Pennsylvania.
While in law school, Brooke was a judicial extern for the Honorable Chief Justice Donetta W. Ambrose at the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania. She later completed a judicial externship with the Honorable D. Michael Fisher at the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.
Brooke was a 2007 summer associate in Buchanan's Pittsburgh office.
University of Pittsburgh School of Law, J.D., 2008, Semester Honors
Duke University, B.A., 2004, Dean's List, Romance Languages with a Focus on Spanish Studies and a Minor in Political Science
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
Pennsylvania Bar Association
Allegheny County Bar Association