How Brian Helps Clients
Brian C. Wauhop advises clients in energy and public utility transactional and regulatory matters, as well as environmental issues. Brian has appeared before state and federal courts, the Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission and the Pennsylvania Environmental Hearing Board, achieving desired outcomes. In addition to his energy and environmental track record, Brian's experience extends to a growing litigation practice. He represents clients across a broad spectrum of legal concerns, including contract matters, workman’s compensation and shareholder disputes.
What Clients Can Expect
With past experience in the corporate sector, Brian applies the business management skills and customer-focused mindset he gained to serving his legal clients. He has insights into solving complicated and time-sensitive problems that present multiple, competing goals. His big-picture understanding of a legal issue enables him to advise clients in a timely and comprehensive manner.
Outside the Office
Originally from Belvidere N.J., Brian, his wife and son enjoy outdoor activities, including hiking, camping and biking. Brian is an avid fly fisherman. Musically inclined as a drummer and singer, he enjoys a wide variety of musical genres.
- Resolved an appeal from an NPDES permit issued to a client, obtaining a dismissal of the appeal by the Environmental Hearing Board. This result eliminated the need for an extensive hearing and allowed construction operations to continue without interruption.
- Assisted an industrial client in gaining DEP approval of a corrective action plan remediating wastewater effluent discharge violations.
- Provided due diligence for a buyer of solar electric generation facilities in Hawaii involving federal renewable energy tax credits.
- Assisted in the representation of a small, PURPA-qualifying electric generation facility against a challenge to the price a utility is obligated to pay the facility under PURPA.
The Dickinson School of Law, Pennsylvania State University, J.D., 2009, Senior Editor and Sandor Yelen Award Winner, Penn State International Law Review
Elizabethtown College, B.A., 1992, Communications Major, Corporate Media Concentration
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
Pennsylvania Bar Association, Public Utility Law Section Council Member
Lebanon County Bar Association
York County Bar Association