Blake J. Delaney
- Successfully sought appointment of legal guardians in more than 100 cases throughout Florida, some of which have involved prosecuting contested guardianship trials.
- Lectured throughout the State of Florida on the topics of patient decision-making, consent, guardianship, and Baker Act, to include at a national symposium, CME and CLE courses, and private gatherings.
- Represented various lenders in residential and commercial foreclosures, replevin actions and enforcement actions relating to secured and unsecured business loans in more than twenty counties across the state of Florida.
- Assisted various health care entities with administrative licensure needs including the preparation and submission of permit applications and the appeal of license denials, suspensions and revocations.
- Secured summary judgment for a Florida hospital in a multimillion dollar probate lawsuit, which was then affirmed on appeal.
- Provided counsel on end-of-life and other patient decision-making, including the validity of powers of attorney, living wills, and other advance directives.
- Defended various licensure deficiency actions brought against health care providers by regulatory agencies such as Agency for Health Care Administration, CMS, Department of Health, and Department of Children & Families.
- Obtained a final judgment as lead counsel in an arbitration proceeding involving a commercial loan dispute on behalf of a national lender.
- Represented a national child and adolescent specialized care company in the acquisition of a local child and family mental health services company.