Bethany Salvatore focuses her practice on representing employers in all aspects of labor and employment law, including agency investigations, state and federal single-plaintiff actions, class and collective actions, and arbitrations, covering harassment, discrimination, retaliation, wage and hour, constructive discharge, breach of fiduciary duty, restrictive covenants, and breach of contract actions.
In addition to representing clients in employment litigation matters, Bethany helps clients avoid the court house steps by developing preventive strategies to keep employers compliant with labor, employment, and wage and hour laws. Bethany counsels employers on a variety of personnel issues, including but not limited to compliance with discrimination laws, family and medical leave laws, and wage and hour laws. She provides on-site management and employee training on these topics as well.
Bethany also drafts executive agreements, restrictive covenant and confidentiality agreements, severance packages, and personnel policies and procedures.
Clients rely on Bethany’s dedication to their business interests. For example, Sheila DiNardo, Vice President, General Counsel & Secretary at ANSYS, Inc., shares:
Bethany tackled complex technology in a noncompete case for ANSYS to secure a stellar result in a short period of time.
- Obtained a consented to permanent injunction order for a medical client in a non-compete case.
- Obtained Ex Parte temporary restraining order and stipulated to court order victory for a roofing client in a non-compete case.
- Obtained decision for a permanent injunction for a building products client after a two-day trial, finding that the defendant had violated his non-compete and ordered him to cease and desist for one year.
- Protected a computer software engineering company from a key marketing executive working for a competitor in violation of his national non-compete agreement and caused the company’s trade secrets to remain safe through a court order.
- Awarded motion to dismiss or summary judgment resulting in dismissal of lawsuit on a variety of single plaintiff employment cases
During law school, Bethany served as a judicial extern for the Honorable Arthur J. Schwab, U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania. She also served as a summer associate in Buchanan’s Pittsburgh office.
University of Pittsburgh School of Law, J.D., 2007
Allegheny College, B.A., 2004, cum laude and Dean's list, Political Science and English
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
Allegheny County Bar Association Young Lawyers
American Bar Association L&E Section
American Bar Association Fair Labor Standards Committee
DePaul School for Hearing and Speech Young Executive Committee
Volunteer, Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh
Alexis Joy D'Achille for Postpartum Depression