How Andrew Helps Clients
Andrew Giorgione assists clients with governmental relations, medical marijuana, gaming, public-private partnerships and municipal law and finance. He co-chairs both the firm's gaming and public-private partnership groups.
He has represented both public and private entities providing legal and government affairs representation in Public-Private Partnership (P3) transactions throughout the Mid-Atlantic Region. For example:
Participated on the projected team for the transaction between TerraVida Holistic Centers and Verano Holdings regarding a Region 1 Dispensary Permit.
Assisted with the Tax Increment Financing and public investment in the Chrin Interchange in the Lehigh Valley. The $30+ million project will assist Chrin in the development of the surrounding 800 acres of land, which will create thousands of jobs and result in millions in new local and state tax revenue. Buchanan has provided financing, real estate and lobbying services to the Chrin Company.
Represented JUUL Labs which resulted in the enactment of Tobacco 21 legislation in Pennsylvania.
- Assisted Pennridge Airport Business Park in Bucks County in obtaining a $2 million RACP grant for the development of land around the airport.
- Assisted XTL, Inc. in obtaining an MMTF grant for roadway improvements for its proposed robotic warehouse in Berks County and in obtaining an extension to its liquor warehouse contract with the LCB for its facility in Philadelphia.
- Assisted Bay, Inc. in various regulatory matters before the Department of Health Office of Medical Marijuana regarding permits to grow and dispense medical marijuana in Pennsylvania.
Andrew led a team of firm lawyers serving as Pennsylvania counsel for Pinnacle Entertainment, Inc. (NYSE-PNK) in acquiring The Meadows Casino in Washington, PA. The firm provided regulatory, corporate, financial, real estate and labor advice and counsel to Pinnacle during the transaction. Andrew worked directly on regulatory approvals for Pinnacle with the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board, the State Horse Racing Commission and the Liquor Control Board to ensure seamless transition to and operation of the casino and racetrack by Pinnacle and its subsidiary companies.
Andrew has represented numerous public and private (profit and non-profit) clients in obtaining grants, loans and approvals from the state.
A former acting city solicitor for the City of Harrisburg, Andrew was responsible for supervising and representing the city in many actions in federal and state court and administrative forums. During his tenure with the city, from 1992 through 1995, Andrew served as solicitor and chief legal advisor to the mayor, City Council and various boards and commissions.
What Clients Can Expect
In most projects, Andrew assists with all phases of the transaction, from negotiating and drafting of documents for the pre-bid and bid phases of the transaction, to negotiating and drafting concession lease agreements and operating agreements.
He assists in all “behind-the-scenes” work related to the project, including advising the client with respect to transaction form and timelines; negotiating and drafting agreements with financial advisors, infrastructure analysts and third-party vendors; and addressing related bidding issues and the continued preparation of the necessary agreements to close the transaction.
Clients find Andrew’s counsel to be both responsive and practical. And because he understands and has access to all of the firm’s legal assets in many disciplines, Andrew is adept at building teams with the right experience to handle any client need. Somehow, this multidisciplinary approach to transactions seems to go well with one of Andrew’s favorite out-of-office pursuits: cross-fit training.
By working with clients on every aspect of a transaction, I can maintain both the strategic perspective that keeps goals front and center and manage the many details that get the transaction done properly.
- Elected to the Board of PledgePlatform, Inc., 2019
- Named a Local Legal Leader, Harrisburg Magazine, 2016
- Recognized in “Select Lawyers” by Susquehanna Style magazine, 2015
- Named in consecutive annual editions of Pennsylvania Super Lawyers, 2005-2007
- Named by Harrisburg Magazine as one of Central Pennsylvania's “Movers and Shakers,” 2004
- Recognized as one of the “top 40 Under 40" business leaders in Central Pennsylvania, 2000
- Received the Leadership Award from the National Multiple Sclerosis Society, 2000
- Serving as Pennsylvania counsel to Pinnacle Entertainment Inc. (PNK-NYSE) in the acquisition of the Meadows Casino
- Obtained $25 million in grant commitments from various state programs on behalf of the Multi-purpose Stadium Authority of Lackawanna County to renovate PNC Field in Moosic, Pennsylvania
- Obtained $5.5 million in program grants for the non-profit Susquehanna Art Museum in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
- Obtained a $2 million grant commitment from the state for the Hershey Center for Applied Research for its facility in Hershey, Pennsylvania
- Obtained a $7.754 million loan from PENNVEST for Bion Environmental Technologies, Inc. to construct a nutrient waste treatment facility in Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Widener University School of Law, J.D., 1992
The Pennsylvania State University, B.S., 1989
Dauphin County Bar Association
Pennsylvania Bar Association
Guest lecturer, Widener University School of Law
Central Pennsylvania Food Bank, volunteer
Penn State University, Smeal College of Business, President of the Board of Directors, 2018-2019
Represent Equality PA in promoting anti-discrimination legislation to protect the LBGT community
Cathedral Parish of St. Patrick Soup Kitchen, volunteer, 2018-present
CYO Basketball Coach, volunteer, 2010-2020
Committee for 250th Anniversary Celebration of the Founding of the Navy and Marine Corp and Tun Tavern Task Force, member, 2021-present
Susquehanna Art Museum, past Board Member/Management Committee, 2002-2015
Pinnacle Foundation, past Board Member
Harrisburg Redevelopment Authority, past Board Member
Harrisburg Zoning Hearing Board, past Board Member
Harrisburg Young Professionals, past Board Member
American Cancer Society Capital Region Unit, past President