How Anand Helps Clients
Anand Mohan focuses his practice on intellectual property law, where he has experience in IP procurement, litigation, counseling, opinions, competitive strategy and patent office litigation. Leveraging his prior experience at Goldman Sachs, Anand counsels clients on patent portfolio monetization and strategy in global markets.
Anand has been involved in various phases of inter partes review proceedings on behalf of Petitioners and Patent Owners. Anand’s district court litigation experience includes pre-suit investigations, discovery, motion practice, claim construction and pretrial proceedings.
Anand has experience in intellectual property matters directed to a wide array of technology areas such as medical devices, artificial intelligence, blockchain technology, database and cloud management systems, business methods including e-commerce and financial technology, computer networks, cybersecurity and telecommunication systems.
What Clients Can Expect
Anand provides prompt and effective counsel by carefully considering the client’s goal and developing litigation and prosecution strategies based on the goal. With his prior experience as a software programmer, Anand can provide a highly technical assessment of a client’s invention by breaking down highly developed concepts to provide clients with a pragmatic explanation of how legal issues may potentially affect the client's interests.
Outside the Office
Anand was born and raised in New Delhi, India. He is married and loves to spend time with his wife and son. He loves playing golf with his friends and is working on his short golf game. If he wasn't an attorney, he would be a history professor because of his love for world history.
Representative Litigation Matters
USPTO Litigation Matters
- 3Shape A/S et al. v. Align Technology Inc., IPR2019-149, USPTO Patent Trial and Appeal Board
- 3Shape A/S et al. v. Align Technology Inc., IPR2019-150, USPTO Patent Trial and Appeal Board
- 3Shape A/S et al. v. Align Technology Inc., IPR2019-151, USPTO Patent Trial and Appeal Board
- 3Shape A/S et al. v. Align Technology Inc., IPR2019-152, USPTO Patent Trial and Appeal Board
District Court Litigation Matters
- Best Medical International, Inc. v. Elekta AB et al. (D. Del)
- Best Medical International, Inc. v. Varian Medical Systems, Inc. et al. (D. Del)
Patent Prosecution Experience
- Represented a wide range of clients, from Fortune 500 companies to individual inventors.
- Drafted and prosecuted hundreds of U.S. patent applications across many different technology areas.
- Drafted many appeals of final rejections to the Board of Patent Appeals and Interferences.
- Conducted dozens of examiner interviews to develop strategies to overcome 35 U.S.C. §101 rejections frequently arising in software or business method patent applications.
- Extensive software programming experience in the field of financial technologies.
Fordham University School of Law, J.D.
University of Delhi, B.E., First Class, Computer Engineering
- District of Columbia
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office