How Amanda Helps Clients
Amanda L.F. Harris focuses her practice on matrimonial and family law, as well as litigation. She is a passionate advocate and is adept at mounting a strong legal strategy, while also keeping settlement in mind. Ms. Harris thrives in the courtroom and is just as comfortable in collaborative practice and mediation settings.
Not only is Ms. Harris a litigator, she also has her PhD in clinical psychology. She has completed forensic evaluations for the court and is adept at working with high conflict families. Very few attorneys can provide this level of expertise to family law matters. Her practice includes divorce, custody, support, matrimonial and prenuptial agreements, and surrogacy.
When working with Ms. Harris, clients can expect that she makes herself available, is detail orientated, thoughtful in her writing, and zealous in the courtroom.
The law does not live exclusively in the courtroom or behind the closed doors of a law firm. Ms. Harris believes in active engagement in changing the law at all levels. She has made is a point to be a member of various legal organizations, including the Families and Law Section of the New York State Bar Association, Family Law Section of the American Bar Association (vice-chair of the Special Needs Committee in 2019-2020), and was formerly a member of the Education and Law Committee for the New York City Bar. She has been selected by her peers for inclusion in the New York Metro Super Lawyers Rising Stars lists since 2019.
Palo Alto University, Ph.D., 2016, Clinical Psychology
Palo Alto University, M.S., 2013, Clinical Psychology
Golden Gate University School of Law, J.D., 2012
University of Miami, B.A., 2008, Psychology
- New York
- New York State Bar Association – Families and the Law Committee & Domestic Violence Subcommittee, Current Member
- American Bar Association – Family Law Section: Vice Chair of Special Needs Families Committee, Former Member
- New York Center for Interpersonal Development, Certificate in Basic Meditation
- New York City Bar Association – Education and Law Committee, Former Member
- New York Legal Assistance Group – Mobile Help Clinic