How Adam Helps Clients
Adam Banes counsels clients on a wide range of intellectual property issues while accounting for each client’s specific business objectives. His practice focuses on patent-related matters, particularly in the electrical and computer areas. Adam represents clients in contentious matters including inter partes review proceedings before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board. He also strategically develops global patent portfolios for innovative clients and has drafted and prosecuted numerous patent applications in a wide array of technologies. Adam also provides counsel on patent validity, patent infringement, patentability of inventions and freedom to operate.
Adam’s past experience as a Patent Examiner gives him unique insight on prosecution matters before the U.S. Patent Office, which he leverages to obtain patents in a timely fashion.
What Clients Can Expect
Adam is a passionate advocate and brings a holistic approach in helping clients achieve their business objectives. He strives to understand not only the client’s business but also the client’s industry, especially current industry trends. From a day-to-day perspective, Adam excels at keeping clients informed and meeting client deadlines, often under budget.
Adam brings a down-to-earth, pragmatic approach to meeting each client’s specific and ever-changing needs.
Outside the Office
Adam is a world traveler who seeks adventure. From hiking portions of the Inca trail to view Macchu Picchu from the sun gate, to canoeing remote regions of Canada to find world-class fishing holes, Adam is always seeking a new adventure.
- Extensive experience in inter partes review proceedings before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board while accounting for related legal proceedings
- Prosecuted numerous applications in both the U.S. and foreign jurisdictions, which have resulted in numerous patents and, often, with broad claim scope
- Experience in a wide array of technologies including cable networking, photovoltaic systems, desktop virtualization, application virtualization, cloud computing, ophthalmological devices, wireless technologies, natural-language understanding technologies, and biomedical devices.
- Received a 2021 Best Lawyers: Ones To Watch recognition for Intellectual Property Law.
George Washington University Law School, J.D., 2012
University of Maryland, B.S., 2006, Electrical Engineering
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office