How Adam Helps Clients
Adam’s mix of experience as a former prosecutor along with several years in private practice at a global law firm provides him with a keen understanding of major companies’ needs, especially those in the healthcare and pharmaceutical fields and major financial institutions. Prior to joining Buchanan, Adam served as an Assistant United States Attorney with a focus on white-collar crime as a member of the Economic Crimes Section of the United States Attorney’s Office in Tampa. He also developed expertise on cyber-related issues as a member of the National Security and Cybercrime Section where he served as the Computer Hacking and Intellectual Property (CHIP) coordinator.
Adam focuses his practice on white-collar defense, assisting companies being investigated by the government as well as executives ensnared in companies’ regulatory or criminal investigations. Adam’s practice also includes assisting clients in the event of a cyber incident by responding to data breaches, conducting internal cyber investigations, and responding to related regulatory enforcement issues and consumer litigation. Adam can also assist clients with developing appropriate cybersecurity protocols.
What Clients Can Expect
With Adam, clients know they have a true champion who will develop sharp legal strategies to avoid litigation at any cost. If litigation is unavoidable, Adam draws upon his experience as lead counsel or co-counsel on numerous trials, including nine in federal court.
- As a federal prosecutor, investigated and prosecuted cases charging a wide array of federal crimes, including investment fraud, healthcare fraud, tax fraud, money laundering, obstruction of justice, export control violations, smuggling, mail fraud, and violations of the Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act.
- Served as lead counsel in a two-week trial successfully prosecuting a doctor in a significant case involving healthcare fraud and violations of the Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act after an oncologist knowingly ordered the purchasing of unapproved cancer drugs and then administered them to unwitting patients.
- Defended hospital system in False Claims Act litigation regarding kickbacks and medically unnecessary procedures.
- Defended multiple hedge funds in multiple insider trading investigations by United States Attorney's Offices, the Securities and Exchange Commission, and foreign agencies.
- Defended multiple executives in criminal antitrust matters relating to alleged price fixing activities brought by the Antitrust Division of the Department of Justice leading to no charges being brought against the clients.
Fordham University School of Law, J.D., 2006, cum laude
University of Pennsylvania, School of Engineering and Applied Science, B.S.E., 2001, cum laude, Computer Science & Engineering
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States Patent and Trademark Office