How Wendy Helps Clients
Wendy is nationally recognized in and passionate about antitrust law. She focuses on antitrust and trade regulation issues, in the litigation, transaction and counseling contexts.
She has handled hundreds of litigation and antitrust matters and has been successful in persuading the government (DOJ, FTC and state attorneys general) not to challenge the majority of the transactions in which she has been involved. Just in the last 10 years, she has handled the antitrust aspects of more than 100 mergers and acquisitions in the consumer products, healthcare and other industries.
I love what I do. And I want to represent my clients forever.
Wendy has represented clients being investigated by the federal antitrust agencies and state attorneys general and those involved in government investigations of others. She provides ongoing antitrust and compliance counseling and litigates antitrust issues, including class actions.
Wendy serves on the Executive Management Team of the firm, the first woman to hold that position. She also chairs the firm’s nationally recognized Antitrust and Trade Regulation Practice Group, which serves as legal counsel to a host of companies in the Mid-Atlantic region and throughout the United States, and has earned U.S. News World Report–Best Lawyers’ first-tier ranking in the Pittsburgh market.
What Clients Can Expect
Wendy knows and loves antitrust law. She enjoys helping clients navigate antitrust law to achieve their business goals. And she works to develop a long-term relationship built on strong communication and trust.
Outside the Office
When not working, Wendy likes to relax and enjoy the simple things with her family. She also shares her time and talents with a variety of local charitable organizations.
- Received AV® Preeminent certification from Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings consecutively for 20 years, the highest available mark for professional excellence.
- Elected to the firm's five-person management committee in 1992 and to the firm's Board of Directors in 1995, the first woman to serve in those roles. In April 2005, she was elected to the firm's compensation committee.
- Selected as Pittsburgh Antitrust Lawyer of the Year (2013, 2015, 2018) by The Best Lawyers in America.
- Named each year since 2005 to The Best Lawyers in America® list in the Antitrust Category and has been ranked since 2008 in Chambers USA in the field of Antitrust Law.
- Selected to the Corporate Counsel Super Lawyers® list in 2009 and 2010, a distinction given to only the top 5 percent of lawyers nationwide and was also selected by her peers for inclusion in the Pennsylvania's Super Lawyers® list from 2004-2009 and 2011-2017.
- Selected by The Legal Intelligencer and Pennsylvania Law Weekly for the "Women Leaders in the Law" distinction, one of only 56 Pennsylvania lawyers chosen.
- Recognized as the Girl Scouts of Southwestern Pennsylvania's Woman of Distinction in the Professional category.
- Recognized as a member of the Pennsylvania Honor Roll of Women by the Governor's Pennsylvania Commission for Women.
- Honored by the YWCA with a Tribute To Women Leadership Award.
- Profiled in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette as one of the city's Women at the Helm in 2006.
- Named one of the year’s Most Powerful & Influential Women of Pennsylvania, 2014, by the Pennsylvania Diversity Council.
University of Pittsburgh School of Law, J.D., 1981, cum laude
The College of Wooster, B.A., 1977, with honors
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
Allegheny County Bar Association
American Bar Association, Antitrust Law Section
Pennsylvania Bar Association
Fellow, American Bar Foundation
Pittsburgh Chapter of International Women's Forum
Coordinated the firm's pro bono program for years, which was recognized in 2007 by The American Lawyer as No. 1 in Pennsylvania.
President, Board of North Hills Community Outreach.
Grants Committee, United Methodist Foundation of Western Pennsylvania.
Past president, Board of KidsVoice.
Awarded the prestigious Senator John Heinz Award, celebrating her volunteer service.