Every business is a tech business.
It's part of what you do, no matter what your industry.
A unique aspect of our Corporate practice is our core group of highly skilled Technology Transactions lawyers. They represent clients in connection with transactions involving technology and intellectual property rights in traditional information technology, life sciences, e-commerce, biotech, media and many other industries. Wherever technology is a key driver of a company's competitive advantage, our Technology Transaction lawyers are right there with you
We serve companies of all sizes and in all stages, from start-ups to international powerhouses, and, because we serve licensees and licensors and vendors and customers, we understand the issues inside and out, whichever side of the table you are on. We are experienced negotiators and problem solvers and can apply our tech knowledge and practical business judgment to just about any industry
Our uncommon approach.
The Technology Transactions Group's concentration on the commercial aspects of technology and intellectual property distinguishes our Corporate practice and provides demonstrated value to our clients. Our experience in both intellectual property and corporate law, combined with our industry and technology experience, allows us to provide sound technical advice and to apply practical business judgment
when advising clients on the acquisition, use, development and commercial exploitation of technology. We are intimately familiar with the legal and business issues associated with these types of transactions and have handled a spectrum of issues ranging from technology transfer and commercialization agreements to enterprise-wide licenses for multi-location systems.
Whether we are ensuring that an appropriate IT transition agreement is in place in advance of a strategic merger, advising on social media issues, negotiating the acquisition of picture archiving and communications systems or drafting biotech licenses, e-commerce service agreements, payment processor or strategic partnership agreements, our Technology & Transactions lawyers have the relevant experience needed to effectively and efficiently represent a diverse client base. In many cases, we are called upon to apply our legal and business judgment when dealing in emerging technology fields and issues where the law has yet to be firmly established.
If you can imagine it, we've probably handled it.
Our practice takes care of a vast array of technology transactions. Here are just a few:
- Software, technology, and other intellectual property license agreements (inbound and outbound)
- Maintenance and support agreements
- Website development agreements
- Joint venture and strategic alliance relationships
- Research and development agreements
- Open source software issues
- Consulting services agreements
- Distribution agreements
- OEM and value added reseller agreements
- Manufacturing and supply agreements
- Outsourcing and offshoring arrangements
- Hosting services and colocation agreements
- Application services provider (ASP) agreements
- Privacy policies
- Internet domain name acquisition, transfer and dispute resolution issues
- Electronic contracting arrangements
- Private sector/university collaboration agreements
- Proof of principle agreements
- Biotechnology transfer agreements
- Beta agreements
- Content licensing arrangements
- Infrastructure and hosting agreements
- Information technology usage policies
- Business development and co-marketing agreements
- Webcasting agreements
- Gaming development agreements
- Confidentiality agreements
- Telephony, broadband and communications infrastructure agreements
- Identity theft issues