How Stephania Helps Clients
As part of Buchanan's Immigration team, Stephania dedicates her practice to the counsel of multinationals, international and domestic corporations, universities, hospitals, foreign investors and professionals on their immigration-related needs.
Stephania has extensive experience in U.S. Immigration & Nationality law. She focuses on the counsel of multinationals seeking nonimmigrant and immigrant visas, including L-1A/L-1B for executives, managers and persons with specialized knowledge, NAFTA professionals, persons with extraordinary ability, E treaty investors and traders, and EB-5 Investors.
Stephania has successfully represented individuals before the U.S. Immigration Courts and has experience in family-based immigrant matters. In addition, Stephania regularly advises on the immigration consequences of criminal dispositions.
What Clients Can Expect
As the daughter of two Chilean-born parents, Stephania brings a personal understanding of the experiences her clients go through during the immigration process. Fluent in both English and Spanish, Stephania provides in-depth representation and understanding to her clients.
The most rewarding feeling as an immigration lawyer is to know that I have the ability to change a life.
Outside the Office
In her free time, Stephania loves to spend time with her husband, Charlie, and her son, Lucas. She is an avid reader.
- Represented numerous individuals seeking classification under Extraordinary Ability nonimmigrant and immigrant petitions, including business men and women, engineers, bloggers, artists, entertainers, and athletes
- Successfully litigated a 212(c) relief case for her client before the U.S. Immigration Court;
- Filed numerous EB-5 petitions on behalf of her investor client
- Counsel U.S. companies on U.S. Immigration compliance
- Represented dozens of clients before the U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Service (“USCIS”)
- Successfully secured Special Immigrant Juvenile Status for an undocumented minor, who was able to adjust his status to lawful permanent resident
Nova Southeastern University Shepard Broad Law Center, J.D., 2014, cum laude; Managing Technical Editor, Executive Board, Nova Law Review (2013-2014)
Florida Atlantic University, B.A., 2011, Political Science & Interdisciplinary Studies, History minor
American Immigration Lawyers Association, South Florida Chapter, 2015-present
Practice Management Committee, Co-chair, 2016-2017