Stanley J. Parker's practice encompasses litigation involving real estate, energy and natural resources, tax assessment and tax exemptions, landlords and tenants, construction litigation, class actions, product liability and banking litigation.
Stanley has served as lead counsel in both jury and non-jury trials throughout the nation, and has been involved in appellate work including arguments before the Pennsylvania and federal appellate courts. Stanley also litigates matters involving constitutional issues, condemnations, franchises and shareholder disputes.
Stanley's recent representations include:
- Represented numerous clients in real estate tax assessment and tax exemption cases, including commercial property, residential property, nursing homes, hospitals, property owned by religious groups, private clubs, a casino, state universities, a YMCA and the Pittsburgh International Airport.
- Represented a waste water treatment facility before the Pennsylvania Environmental Hearing Board in defending a citation issued by Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection and re-establishing the ability of our client to conduct its business operations.
- Represented coal supply companies in litigation with steel manufacturers and other customers, foreign and domestic.
- Handled cases in the banking industry involving electronic fraud transfers.
- Defended manufacturer of electronic equipment in products liability action.
- Won an appeal before Pennsylvania Commonwealth Court, en banc, reversing a trial court decision in a case that will have statewide implications involving Pennsylvania's Construction Code.
- Represented a Pittsburgh area shopping center to enable it to proceed with a substantial expansion project.
- Represented a natural gas company in zoning and condemnation actions.
- Represented coal mining companies in zoning matters and contract litigation.
- Represented a railroad company in land use litigation.
- Handled multiple lawsuits involving disputes over title to real estate.
- Protected companies' confidential and trade secret information by obtaining injunctions to prevent former employees' and competitors' misuse of such information.
- Represented a Pittsburgh manufacturer of voice recognition equipment against challenges to the capabilities of its products.
- Defended a local venture capital fund against claims of misrepresentation.
- Represented local developers and commercial landlords in resolving disputes with tenants and, when necessary, assisting such owners to evict tenants and collect delinquent rent.
Stanley has experience in computer litigation support services, which he has employed to obtain timely and favorable results for clients involved in various commercial litigation matters.
Stanley has been consistently selected by his peers for inclusion on the list of Pennsylvania Super Lawyers®, a distinction limited to the top 5 percent of Pennsylvania lawyers.
In 2011, Stanley was elected Chair of the Allegheny County Bar Associations' Civil Litigation Section. His term runs from July 1, 2011 through June 30, 2012.
In 2006, Pittsburgh Magazine and the Pittsburgh Urban Magnet Project (PUMP) named Stanley to its list of "40 Under 40," which recognizes 40 individuals under the age of 40 from the Pittsburgh region for their civic, charitable and business accomplishments and contributions to the betterment of the community.
Stanley was selected by Impact Magazine as a member of the 2004 Young Leaders Group, a group of emerging Pennsylvania leaders aged 45 and younger who are committed to Allegheny County's future and who donate time or money to support United Way of Allegheny County programs. He was one of 35 Pennsylvania attorneys selected as a 2005 "Lawyer on the Fast Track" in The Legal Intelligencer and The Pennsylvania Law Weekly. Also in 2005, he was named to Pennsylvania Super Lawyers® Rising Stars in Philadelphia Magazine, a recognition awarded to only 2.5 percent of the lawyers in Pennsylvania.