Samantha focuses her practice on complex civil litigation, including contractual disputes, antitrust matters, fraud, RICO, the Fair Credit Reporting Act, environmental litigation, breach of fiduciary duty, misappropriation of trade secrets, restrictive covenants and other business tort claims. She has significant experience in the prosecution and defense of class actions, including multidistrict litigation. Samantha is co-chair of the firm's E-Discovery Team and a co-chair of the firm’s Pro Bono Committee
Samantha has represented corporations and individuals investigated by the Department of Justice, Antitrust Division. She also has conducted internal investigations for corporate clients.
Samantha has litigated cases in state and federal courts throughout the country. With deep litigation experience across a broad range of industries, Samantha is able to develop and recommend strategic solutions addressing legal and business concerns.
- Successfully defended an egg producer in In re Processed Egg Products class action antitrust litigation (E.D. Pa.), a nationwide multi district litigation alleging an industry-wide supply restriction scheme to fix the prices of eggs and egg products sold in the United States during an eight year period.
- Obtained summary judgment for our client, a major insurer, in an action challenging the insurer’s surplus under the Pennsylvania Nonprofit Corporation Law.
- Obtained a petition to strike and vacate an improperly entered foreign judgment under the Uniform Foreign Money Judgment Recognition Act and Uniform Enforcement of Foreign Judgments Act. Louis Dreyfus Commodities Suisse SA v. Financial Software Systems, Inc., 99 A.3d 79 (Pa. Super.)
- Defended a financial services and training company in a dispute with its former Chief Executive Officer over ownership of a LinkedIn account. Obtained summary judgment in favor of our client on the claims for violation of the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act and Lanham Act. Defeated the plaintiff’s claims for state law damages at trial. Eagle v. Morgan, 2013 WL 943350 (E.D. Pa.); Eagle v. Morgan, 2012 WL 4738986 (E.D. Pa.).
- Obtained summary judgment for our client in two separate actions arising from an alleged misappropriation of intellectual property; Buyfigure.com, Inc. v. R.M. Hollenshead Auto Sales & Leasing, Inc., 2010 WL 5342823 (E.D. Pa.); Buyfigure.com. Inc. v. Autotrader.com. Inc., 76 A.3d 554 (Pa. Super.).
- Prosecuted multiple actions on behalf of a national bank arising from an alleged $25 million fraud. PNC Bank N.A. v. Pence, 2010 WL 3947516 (S.D. Ind.); PNC Bank, N.A. v. Hall, 2010 WL 3947506 (S.D. Ind.).
- Obtained summary judgment for our client in a putative class action alleging violation of the Fair Credit Reporting Act. Moore v. First Advantage Enterprise Screening Corp., 2013 WL 1662959 (N.D. Ohio); Moore v. First Advantage Enterprise Screening Corp., 2012 WL 4461505 (N.D Ohio).
- Obtained summary judgment for our client in a $20 million toxic tort action after prevailing in Daubert motions excluding the plaintiff’s causation experts. Johnson v. Arkema, Inc., 685 F.3d 452 (5th Cir. 2012).
- Obtained a voluntary dismissal of claims at the earliest stages of litigation after working with our client to obtain electronic data disproving the plaintiff’s allegations.
- Defended claims brought under the Fair Credit Reporting Act. Valentine v. First Advantage SafeRent, Inc., 2009 WL 4349694 (C.D. Cal.); Torrance v. Cincinnati Mortg. Co. Inc., 2009 WL 3841967 (S.D. Ohio).
- Represented a class of personal injury plaintiffs in an action against their former attorneys arising from the attorneys' multiple breaches of fiduciary duty during the representation, including the undisclosed aggregate settlements of plaintiffs' personal injury claims. This case was successfully appealed to the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit. Huber v. Taylor, 469 F.3d 67 (3d Cir. 2006).
- Defended a multinational corporation in antitrust litigations alleging price-fixing arising from the unauthorized actions of its copper trader. Also represented the multinational corporation in its claims against several financial institutions that arose out of the same trading scandal.
- Represented corporations in the enforcement of non-compete and non-solicitation agreements against former employees.
- Acted as common counsel with respect to Superfund sites.
- Represented a component manufacturer in wrongful death action arising from a crane accident.
- Acted as pro bono counsel to an Alabama death row prisoner in post-conviction proceedings. State v. Mack, 65 So.3d 897 (Ala. 2010).
- Represented families in the September 11th Victim Compensation Fund.
The George Washington University Law School, J.D., 1997, with honors
University of Miami, B.A., 1994, magna cum laude, International & Comparative Studies, Economics, and Political Science
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
Philadelphia Bar Association
Former Board of Directors Member, Philadelphia Volunteers for the Indigent Program