Robert G. Riegel Jr.
- Awarded summary judgment or motion resulted in dismissal of lawsuit on variety of employment cases including:
- Oien v SunTrust Bank, Case No. 4:15-Cv111-MW/CAS, United States District Court, Northern District of Florida. Order dated 8/26/16 granting partial summary judgment on plaintiff's claim of ADA retaliation.
- INTERNATIONAL BROTHERHOOD OF ELECTRICAL WORKERS, LOCAL UNION 222, v. SPE UTILITY CONTRACTORS FD, LLC, Case No: 8:14-cv-193-T-26TGW, United States District Court, Middle District of Florida. Order granting Motion for Summary Judgment for Defendant SPE, dated 10/06/2015, in case alleging that the employer violated the applicable collective bargaining agreement by allegedly failing to pay certain amounts the Union claimed were due or overdue.
- Ebony Fletcher v. DCI Biologicals Orlando, LLC, Foreign Limited Liability Company, Case No: 1:12-CV-00203-RS-GRJ, United States District Court, Northern District Of Florida.Order granting Defendant’s Motion for Summary Judgment dated 10/21/2013 in FMLA case alleging interference and retaliation.
- Jairo Cortez v. Tom Thumb Food Stores, Inc. D/B/A Ez Kwik Market, Case No. 1:12-Cv-20373-Mgc, United States District Court, Southern District Of Florida. Order Granting Defendant’s Motion for Summary Judgment dated 7/19/2013 in FLSA case alleging store manager was misclassified as exempt.
- Paschal Anyanwu v. Brumos Motor Cars, Inc., Case No.: 3:09-Cv-863-J-25 Hla-Jbt, United States District Court, Middle District Of Florida, Jacksonville Division.Order granting Defendant’s Motion for Summary Judgment dated 4/28/11 in Title VII case alleging discriminatory termination due to race and retaliation.
- Atlanta Dairy, LLC, v. W. George Bush,Case No.: 2007cv137831, In The Superior Court Of Fulton County, State Of Georgia. Order Granting Plaintiff’s Motion for Summary Judgment dated 8/6/2010 in breach of employment contract case.
- Air Transport Local 504, Transport Workers Of Union Of America, Afl-Cil v. Meridian Management Corporation, Case No.: 12-cv-4954 (SLT)(CLP). Memorandum & Order dated 9/30/13 denying summary judgment to Union and granting Defendant’s Motion to Dismiss and Set for Arbitration, resulting in dismissal of action.
- Gustafson’s Dairy LLC., NLRBCase No.: 12-CA-26825 (12/1/2010) (Employer prevailed in union election; All ULP's were dismissed)
- Jeannette Ewoldt v. Denny L. Robinson, Htg Distributors, Inc., et. al. Case No.3:03-cv-1073-J-20TEM (2006) Jury verdict for Defendants in Sexual Harassment Case.
- Arbitrations in New York, Illinois and California under Collective Bargaining Agreements.
- Significant Injunction Cases:
- TC Cochran Painting Company, Inc. v. David Motta,Case No.: 16-2011-CA-008421. (Injunction enforcing non-compete and no solicitation covenants)
- Modis, Inc. v. Rick Laube,Seventeenth Judicial Circuit, In And For Broward County, Florida, Case No.: CACE 07-00134 (Injunction enforcing non-compete and no solicitation covenants)
- Modis, Inc., v. Ashley Miller,United States District Court For The Middle District Of Tennessee Nashville Division Civil Action No. 3:08-cv-00471 (Injunction enforcing non-compete and no solicitation covenants)
- MPS Group, Inc. And Soliant Health, Inc., v. Douglas Dershimer And Slp School Staffing, LLC, Fourth Judicial Circuit, In And For Duval County, Florida Case No.: 2007-CA-11865 (Injunction enforcing non-compete and no solicitation covenants)