Peter H. Beaman is a member of the firm's Financial Services Section. He focuses his practice on financial transactions in the health care, higher education and government industries.
Peter focuses his practice particularly in specialized and structured transactions such as acquisition financings, inverse floating rate and auction bonds, forward synthetic refundings, swaps and other derivatives, as well as the tax aspects of such transactions.
Peter has represented bond trustees in connection with troubled credit workouts.
Examples of his recent matters include:
- Representing bond trustee in connection with possible workout related to $100+ million bonds.
- Served as issuer counsel in connection with $1.6 billion note funding.
- Serving as bond counsel to colleges, universities and governmental entities in connection bond financings.
- Assisting many health care institutions in their financing needs and in transactions involving joint ventures, acquisitions and dispositions.
- Representing a major financial institution in connection with various loans, restructurings and other transactions.
- Representing the Allegheny County Airport Authority in more than $200 million in bond issues and related derivative transactions.
He is fluent in French.