We know the drill when it comes to helping energy clients…
Experience, practice diversity, regulatory insight and boots on the ground.
At the forefront of the oil and gas industry, Buchanan is one of the leading law firms in providing a full range of services
to this sector. We represent a broad spectrum of industry players, including international petroleum companies, energy service companies, exploration, drilling and development companies, financial institutions, equity funds and royalty trusts, public utilities, refiners, transportation and pipeline companies and chemical companies. We counsel these clients on both the upstream and downstream segments of the business, depending on their needs and strategic goals. No other firm in the Marcellus shale region can match Buchanan's integrated legal and government relations resources
. With the majority of our 450 attorneys and government relations professionals situated in offices throughout the Marcellus Shale play, we have the boots on the ground
to provide counsel to companies interested in participating in its development.
You're welcome to hold our feet to the fire.
Buchanan has represented clients in oil and gas related transactions with an aggregate value of $16 billion in the last two years
. From businesses involved in exploration and development to pipeline representation, we have served an extensive collection of clients in the natural resources and energy area — too many to list. Some representative names include CONSOL Energy Inc., EQT, Range Resources Corporation, Williams, Reliance Ltd., Alpha Shale Resources, Rice Energy, Mountain V Oil & Gas, Talisman, Maverick Oil and Gas, Royal Oil and Gas and Transco Pipeline Co.
For these clients and others, we provide counsel that covers the vast range of issues
that arise in the oil and gas business, such as:
- Drafting drilling contracts, participation agreements, pooling and unitization agreements, joint operating agreements, farm-in and farm-out agreements, master service agreements and site access agreements.
- Drafting and reviewing leases, mineral title assignments, easements and right-of-way agreements.
- Structuring special financing arrangements such as overriding royalty interest, net profits interest and production payment arrangements.
- Federal Department of Transportation and Environmental Protection Agency compliance.
- Rate and tariff hearings, title review, fuel supply agreements and tax, customs and related rights.
- Remediation of contaminated sites.
- ISRA, Clean Air, Clean Water, Federal Department of Transportation and Environmental Protection Agency and permit compliance.
- Litigation between interest holders in producing properties, contract and lease disputes and title controversies.
- Cases arising from pipeline disputes, contracts and issues regulated by the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission.
- Land use and zoning litigation.
- Environmental and toxic tort litigation resulting from agency enforcement action claims for natural resource or surface state damages or cases alleging deaths and injuries from exposure to toxic substances.
- Wrongful death and catastrophic injury litigation that stems from events at refineries, distribution terminals, gas plants, offshore rigs, pipeline operations and other exploration and production sites.