How Meredith Helps Clients
Meredith Delcamp has a diverse and comprehensive transaction and litigation real estate practice. She focuses on matters involving title and boundary disputes, construction defects, land use, state and federal environmental regulations, landlord/tenant disputes, foreclosure, eminent domain/inverse condemnation. She also represents clients in cases related to sales and acquisitions, financing, development, land use entitlement, permitting, regulatory environmental and code enforcement matters as well as business litigation and appellate matters.
Meredith also serves as general counsel for several clients and advises on matters involving licensing, contract and policy drafting, leasing and permitting, title analysis and code enforcement.
Meredith also has experience with green development and buildings, including LEED certification. She obtained a certificate in Environmental Law from Tulane University Law School.
She has been named a Florida Rising Star by Florida Super Lawyers Magazine consecutively since 2013. She received the 2016 Real Estate Litigation Department of the Year award, given by the Daily Business Review for successful trial victory and obtaining an order of contempt of court for violation of court injunction coupled with an award of attorney's fees.
What Clients Can Expect
Clients have often praised Meredith’s conscientiousness, her practicality, instincts and judgment. Whether a project, issue or concern, Meredith always treats her clients’ needs as if they were her own and is acutely aware of their goals, needs and sensitivities. Above all, she believes in maintaining clear communication to meet and exceed clients’ expectations.
Outside the Office
Born and raised in Cleveland, Ohio, Meredith had her sights set on marine science before pursuing law. Part of a close-knit extended family; Meredith is a busy mom to twin sons and a daughter with whom there is never a dull moment.
- Represented Essex County Improvement Authority in connection with environmental indemnity claims, and CERCLA and Spill Act liabilities related to a former chemical facility’s alleged discharges into the waters and sediments of the Newark Bay Complex.
- Serving as lead counsel in the representation of both public and private corporations and REITS with large residential and commercial real estate portfolios, handling various matters including: negotiating and drafting contracts, title and insurance matters, lien, code enforcement, and permitting matters with local governments, and litigation related to business and real estate disputes such as quiet title, premises liability, foreclosures/loan workouts, HOA or POA disputes, contractor liens and construction defect litigation, leasing, and landlord/tenant disputes, among others.
- Served as lead counsel representing commercial and residential property owners against the Florida Department of Transportation, local municipalities and utility companies such as Florida Gas Transmission Company, Florida Power & Light and Duke Energy related to eminent domain takings of real property and businesses.
- Represented large private and public corporations assisting with development and environmental due diligence, including assist with Phase I review and environmental clean-up/compliance matters.
- Represented major financial institutions in complex commercial foreclosure actions, as well as enforcement and collection of guaranty agreements, workouts and loan restructuring.
- Represented lender in contested foreclosure of a hotel in Clearwater Beach, Florida, obtaining a summary judgment ruling despite allegations of fraud, following several failed attempts to plead punitive damages.
- Represented property owner in obtaining a successful trial verdict in a boundary dispute which was followed by an entry of civil and criminal.
Tulane University Law School, J.D., 2005, magna cum laude; Tulane Law Review
Coastal Carolina University, B.S., 2002, magna cum laude; Sigma Zeta Beta Mu
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
National Rental Home Council
Hillsborough County Bar Association: Law Week Committee; Co-Chair, Eminent Domain Committee, 2013-2014
International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
Tampa Bay Builders Association
U.S. Green Building Council, Central Florida Chapter
Family Forum Clinic
Tampa Bay Watch
University of South Florida: Adjunct Professor, Environmental Law, Spring 2010