Megan Mariani focuses her practice on various aspects of energy and natural resources law, with particular emphasis on oil and gas transactions.
Megan has assisted in the representation of oil and gas clients in connection with the leasing, acquisition, development and divestiture of oil and gas assets in the Marcellus and Utica shale. Megan’s recent experiences include a range of transactional and due diligence matters including:
- Due diligence project management for the seller in a $3.2 billion joint venture in the Marcellus Shale, including performing sell-side due diligence and co-managing the title defect dispute process by negotiating resolutions to various title disputes.
- Assisted in the representation of an emerging, private equity backed exploration and production company in all aspects of its shale gas development in Pennsylvania and Ohio, including document drafting and buy-side due diligence.
- Conducted buy-side due diligence for a $1.7 billion joint venture in the Marcellus shale, including mineral title due diligence for over 5,000 oil and gas leases covering 300,000 mineral acres.
- Assisted in the representation of a wind farm developer with respect to leasing and title issues in Pennsylvania.
- Drafted title opinions regarding ownership of oil and gas interests in Pennsylvania for upstream energy companies
- Drafted, reviewed and advised on various documents including purchase and sale agreements, assignments, mineral conveyances, services agreements, fee agreements, oil and gas leases, mortgages and rights of way.
Prior to joining Buchanan, Megan worked as an associate in the business and energy group of a large regional law firm. There, she gained significant experience in oil and gas titles, including drafting oil and gas title opinions for upstream energy companies, abstracting complex mineral title records in Washington County for the preparation of title opinions, and performing mineral title due diligence for large scale oil and gas acquisitions and divestitures.
While pursuing her law degree, Megan served as an intern for the Federal Public Defender’s Office in Pittsburgh.