Pushing the boundaries of what is physically possible.
The Mechanical Practice Group helps clients in various technologies to establish and enforce U.S. and international patent portfolios tailored to their specific needs. The members of the group have experience in a wide variety of technical arts, and we work closely with the firm's other practice groups so that all of our clients' needs can be effectively and efficiently addressed. We assist large companies, start-ups and independent inventors in high and low technology.
The Mechanical Group also has expertise in obtaining design patents both in the U.S. and internationally. Design patents cover the ornamental nonfunctional design of an item. The attorneys that comprise the Mechanical Practice Group provide services that range from obtaining patents and developing patent portfolio strategies to analyzing the intellectual property of key competitors.
Our Mechanical Practice Group members have technical experience in areas such as:
- Medical products, including drug delivery devices, catheters, stents, implants, endoscopes, syringes and surgical methods
- Semiconductors and semiconductor manufacturing, including semiconductor plasma etch chambers, wafer transport and cleaning, chip fabrication and packaging
- Petroleum engineering, including oil well drilling, drill bits and refining
- Motor vehicle and aircraft systems, including motors, turbines, internal combustion and jet turbine engines, transmissions, suspensions, braking systems, spark plugs, propulsion, fuel and power systems, clutches, power systems, ships and auto accessories
- Imaging equipment, including cameras, photographic projection equipment, photocopiers, image processing and printing
- Manufacturing, including paper handling, robotics, injection molding, extrusion, food processing equipment, consumer food products, conveyors, textile machinery, cigarette manufacturing machinery, metal cutting, gear systems, electrical connectors, bearings and seals
- Heavy equipment, including earth working equipment, agricultural equipment and construction equipment
- Power generation, including power plants, transformers, turbines, windmills and turbo machinery
- Fluid systems, including hydraulic circuits, compressors, heat exchangers, flow control devices and refrigeration equipment
- Packaging, including electronic equipment packaging, food packaging, package filling, sealing and sterilization equipment
- Optics, including fiber optics and lasers
- Consumer products, including lighting fixtures, hearing aids, suction cups, sporting goods, cigarettes, batteries, tools, timepieces, luggage and footwear
- Communication systems, including cellular telephones
- Computers, including hardware, packaging and peripherals
- Micro systems, including microfluidic systems, micropumps and microvalves
- Window coverings
- Beverage dispensing systems and beverage containers
Please send new patent applications to