Mark C. Anderson has experience in business litigation, construction litigation, lien disputes, international law, enforcement of foreign judgments, contract disputes, trust litigation and first amendment. In addition, Mark represents clients in all aspects of civil disputes in state and federal courts. He is fluent in French and regularly represents French-speaking clients in litigation matters.
Prior to joining the firm in 2003, Mark completed a two-year federal trial court clerkship in the Middle District of Florida. He also served as an intern for a Pennsylvania Supreme Court Justice during his final year of law school.
He has garnered an AV® Preeminent distinction, the highest available mark for professional excellence from Martindale-Hubbell’s Peer Review Ratings.
Some of his recent representative matters include:
- Represented homeowners in large construction defect case involving severe water intrusion against multiple contractors and subcontractors.
- Defended breach of contract case through jury trial, post-verdict motions, and appeal.
- Represented insurance company in a life insurance policy dispute case in Federal court.
- Handled partnership dissolution dispute involving multiple entities and individuals.
- Represented numerous contractors in the enforcement of their construction lien rights Handled the enforcement of foreign judgments in Florida court from other states and other countries.
- Defended commercial pool contractor in construction defect case.
- Regularly represents foreign clients in business disputes and reviewing contracts
Outside the Office
Mark has been married for over 20 years and has four children. He is active in his community as a track and soccer coach, serves on the Board for Unite for Kidz, a program for at-risk children, and is a leader in his church. A former college track athlete, Mark has run dozens of triathlons and several 50-mile ultra marathons. He is an avid outdoor adventurer. He has camped numerous times in Grand Tetons National Park, backpacked portions of the Appalachian Trail, and has kayak camped in the Everglades.
Widener University School of Law, J.D., 2000
Messiah College, B.A., 1994, Political Science & French
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
American Bar Association
Federal Bar Association: Southwest Florida Chapter; President, 2004-2005; Vice President for Membership, 2003-2004
French-American Business Council of West Florida (FRAMCO)
U.S. District Court's Historical Committee: Attorney Advisory Committee, Middle District of Florida
Unite for Kidz, Board of Directors
Jerseys for Haiti
Christian Chamber of Southwest Florida
Gateway Soccer Association Coach