Margaret B. Angel concentrates her practice in public finance law and has provided services as bond counsel, underwriter's counsel, issuer's counsel, letter of credit bank counsel and trustee's counsel. She has represented clients in matters involving transportation, health care finance, housing bonds, 501(c)(3) bonds, higher education issues, governmental bonds and industrial development bonds.
Margaret has been selected for inclusion in the 23rd edition of The Best Lawyers in America® 2017 and was named Pittsburgh's Public Finance Law "Lawyer of the Year" in 2013. She was honored by her peers and selected to the 2013 and 2014 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers list.
Margaret's experience reflects the prominent role she has played in many transactions in her 35-year career. Her clients have included:
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission.
- PNC Capital Markets, LLC.
- PNC Bank, National Association.
- JPMorgan Chase Bank.
- Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated.
- Pennsylvania Economic Development Financing Authority.
- Pennsylvania Housing Finance Agency.
- Urban Redevelopment Authority of Pittsburgh.
- Citigroup Global Markets, Inc.
- Pennsylvania Higher Educational Facilities Authority.
- Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency.
- Pennsylvania State Public School Building Authority.
- Pittsburgh Water and Sewer Authority.
- Tobacco Settlement Financing Corporation.
- Mellon Financial Markets, LLC.
- Government of the U.S. Virgin Islands.
Some of Margaret's recent transactions include:
- $2,827,405,000 Pennsylvania Economic Development Financing Authority Unemployment Compensation Revenue Bonds, consisting of $1,430,435,000 Series 2012A; $1,096,970,000, Series 2012B; and $300,000,000 Series C, closed October 18, 2012 – Underwriters’ Counsel
- $2,300,000 Allegheny County Industrial Development Authority Tax Exempt Variable Rate Revenue Note, Series 2014A (The Neighborhood Academy Project) and $900,000 Allegheny County Industrial Development Authority Tax Exempt Variable Rate Revenue Note, Series 2014B (The Neighborhood Academy Project), dated February 7, 2014 – Bank Counsel
- $39,025,000 Lancaster County Hospital Authority Health Center Revenue Bonds, Series of 2013 (Masonic Villages Project), dated December 19, 2013– Bank Counsel
- $147,640,000 Composite Issue, Catholic Health East Health System Revenue Bonds, Series 2012A, consisting of $28,010,000 City of Tampa, Florida Health System Revenue Bonds; $17,110,000 North Carolina Medical Care Commission Health System Revenue Bonds; and $102,520,000 Saint Mary Hospital Authority (Pennsylvania) Health System Revenue Bonds (Catholic Health East Project), closed June 27, 2012 – Corporation Counsel
- $100,000,000 Montgomery County Industrial Development Authority Health System Revenue Bonds (Jefferson Health System), Series 2012B, closed June 21, 2012 – Bank Counsel
- $29,984,931.50 Butler County Industrial Development Authority Variable Rate Demand Revenue Bonds, Series A of 2012 (Concordia Lutheran Obligated Group Project) and Variable Rate Demand Revenue Bonds, Taxable Series B of 2012 (Concordia Lutheran Obligated Group Project), closed May 9, 2012 – Letter of Credit Bank Counsel
- $7,500,000 Higher Educational Facilities Financing Authority Educational Facilities Revenue and Revenue Refunding Bonds (University of Tampa Project) Fixed Rate PNC Direct Purchase (Refunding), Series 2012B Bonds, closed April 30, 2012 – Direct Placement Counsel
- $896,000 Troutville Borough (Clearfield County, Pennsylvania) General Obligation Note, Series of 2012 (Troutville Borough Project), closed April 16, 2012 – Note Counsel to Borough
- $35,870,000 Allegheny County Higher Education Building Authority University Revenue Bonds (Chatham University) Series A of 2012, closed March 15, 2012 – Bond Counsel
- $75,000,000 Allegheny County Industrial Development Authority Variable Rate Health Care Facilities Revenue Bonds (Longwood at Oakmont, Inc. Project) consisting of $60,000,000 Allegheny County Industrial Development Authority Variable Rate Health Care Facilities Revenue Bonds, Series 2011A; $15,000,000 Allegheny County Industrial Development Authority Variable Rate Health Care Facilities Revenue Bonds, Series 2011B; and $19,250,000 Allegheny County Industrial Development Authority Healthcare Facilities Revenue Bonds (Presbyterian SeniorCare Project), Series 2010, closed December 29, 2011 – Bank Counsel
- $200,595,000 New Jersey Health Care Facilities Financing Authority Refunding Bonds Meridian Health System Obligated Group Issue (Meridian Health System Project), Series 2011, closed December 21, 2011 – Corporation Counsel
- Up to $2,275,000 Non-Revolving Construction Line of Credit (Facility A) and Up to $300,000 Non-Revolving Construction Line of Credit (Facility B) (Zoological Society of Pittsburgh Animal Health Center Project), closed December 20, 2011 – Bank Counsel
- $185,436,000 State Public School Building Authority Federally Taxable Revenue Bonds, Series C of 2011 (Qualified School Construction Bonds – Direct Subsidy) and $24,716,000 State Public School Building Authority Federally Taxable Revenue Bonds, Series D of 2011 (Qualified Zone Academy Bonds – Direct Subsidy), closed November 3, 2011 – Authority Counsel
- $12,710,197 West Virginia University Board of Governors University Improvement Revenue Bonds (West Virginia University Projects – Augusta), 2011 Series A, closed August 16, 2011 – Bank Counsel