Marcy E. Hamilton's practice focuses on assisting a broad range of commercial clients in leasing, property acquisition and loan transactions.
Among Marcy's recent work she has:
- Represented a local university in acquiring multiple parcels of real estate in Pittsburgh in furtherance of the client's campus extension plans.
- Negotiated a build-to-suit lease for a regional health care system. Represented the owner of a Class ""A"" office building in downtown Pittsburgh in a sale to a national REIT.
- Negotiated numerous subleases for a national company that leases space in four major U.S. airports and subsequently subleases portions of those spaces to retail, food, and beverage operators.
- Represented an international owner and generator of renewable power projects in connection with the development of several wind farm projects in Pennsylvania.
- Represented a global supplier of tooling, engineering components and advanced materials in the sale of multiple parcels of real estate.
- Assisted a national bank in securitizing a $90 million credit facility to a national coal producer.
Prior to joining the firm, Marcy served a two-year clerkship with the Honorable John T. Copenhaver, Jr., U.S. District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia.
Before attending law school, Marcy worked in various aspects of the real estate industry, including appraising and mortgage lending. She has held a real estate sales license in West Virginia as well as a provisional real estate appraisal license in Maryland.
West Virginia University, J.D., 1999
Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University, B.S., 1992, Business
- Pennsylvania Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of West Virginia
- Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- West Virginia
Council of the Real Property Section, Allegheny County Bar Association