How Leslie Helps Clients
Leslie Wager Hudock focuses her practice on sophisticated business transactions and advises clients on merger and acquisition strategies, corporate finance and the nuts and bolts of operating a business during all of its various life cycles, from startup, to growth and into maturity. She works to protect clients’ interests and proactively guide all parties toward a common goal.
Clients rely on Leslie for her keen insight on prioritizing risk management and the ability to balance long-range benefits against short-term results.
Leslie’s 30-plus years of experience spans many sectors, including the automotive industry – motor vehicle and RV dealers, real estate developers, and operators of hotels and tourist attractions. She often works with entrepreneurs, CEOs and CFOs of growing businesses based in Florida, as well as accountants and consultants to provide creative solutions to clients’ legal concerns in their quest for business success.
Leslie holds Martindale-Hubbell's® highest rating (AV®) for ethics and legal ability. She was also named to the Best Lawyers in America list for Corporate Law in 2013 and 2016-present.
What Clients Can Expect
Leslie is a big picture thinker. During a transaction, there is often a need to coordinate among the business owner’s internal team, external service providers, lenders, investors and transaction counterparts, and Leslie knows how to keep everyone pulling with one oar. Clients value Leslie’s institutional knowledge and transactional experience, and count on her to provide them with timely and strategic advice.
We measure success in a transaction by how well we achieve our client’s goals with efficiency, foresight and a minimum of drama.
Outside the Office
Leslie devotes her energies to fostering arts and culture in the Tampa Bay community. She is an active learner and avid world traveler. When Leslie’s not working or traveling, you’ll find her reading historical and literary fiction or being walked by her Chinese pug, Monty.
- Advised long-time owner of a large, multi-point car dealership chain in the sale of dealership assets and related real property, and regularly represents buyers and sellers of car dealerships throughout the State of Florida
- Regularly represents borrowers in syndicated and non-syndicated financings of to-be-constructed, newly built and stabilized real estate projects, floor plan facilities and asset-based lending to provide working capital
- Represents serial entrepreneurs in starting, growing and selling businesses in a variety of industries
- Represents hotel developer in the acquisition, financing and development of unique hotel properties
- Serves as general counsel for innovative national tourist attraction operator
- For over 30 years prior to joining Buchanan, led the corporate department of a boutique tax law firm in Tampa and served a stint as managing partner and in other management
Temple University Beasley School of Law, J.D., 1985, magna cum laude
University of North Carolina School of Law at Chapel Hill, A.A.
University of Delaware, B.A., 1982, cum laude
National Association of Dealer Counsel
Association for Corporate Growth Tampa Bay
American Bar Association, member, Business Law Section
The Florida Bar, member, Business Law Section, Corporations and Securities Committee
Hillsborough County Bar Association, member, Securities Law Section
Tampa Bay Businesses for Culture and the Arts (formerly Tampa Bay Business Committee for the Arts), board of directors, 2010-present, 1996-2003; executive committee, 2012-present, 1999-2003
Board of Fellows, University of Tampa, 2016-present, 1998-2001
Board Member, American Cancer Society, Greater Tampa Unit, 2010-2011
Event Chair, American Cancer Society’s Relay for Life of Davis Islands, 2010-2011