Laurie S. Lenigan is directly responsible for all aspects of attorney and law student recruiting across the firm's 15 offices.
Laurie has been with the firm for more than 20 years and has been involved in legal recruiting since 1994. As director of legal recruiting, Laurie oversees a staff of recruiting professionals and establishes and maintains relationships with law schools and national legal search firms. She is responsible for coordinating all of the firm's recruiting efforts for law students, associates, shareholders, group acquisitions and mergers.
In servicing the recruitment needs of the firm, Laurie is responsible for:
- Analyzing merger prospects and preparing recommendation reports.
- Overseeing interview preparation and guiding candidates through process.
- Executing all aspects of candidate due diligence, vetting references, bar admission and conflicts.
- Preparing cost analysis for new hires.
- Analyzing and preparing reports pertaining to salaries, hiring practices, procedures and goals.
- Managing application process for 25 law schools nation wide.
- Liaising between the firm and law school representatives.
- Managing summer associate assignments and evaluation process for permanent offer recommendations.
- Preparing, monitoring and reconciling the firm-wide legal recruiting budget.
Laurie's work with Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney's summer program has been recognized by The American Lawyer magazine as one of the top in the nation.
Prior to joining Buchanan, Laurie spent 10 years in corporate accounting and recruiting at Dravo Corporation.
A native of Pittsburgh, Laurie is actively involved with the Pittsburgh City Recruiting Group and is a frequent speaker at law schools and recruiting industry events.