People are key to your business. Manage them wisely.
We understand that employees are your most important resource.
How you manage that resource can mean the difference between success and failure. When planning for change or when conflict arises — union organizing, complaints, litigation — Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney's Labor and Employment Law Group is ready to help. The depth of our experience and our creative problem-solving approach let us help you achieve practical, cost-effective solutions and maintain or build a better workforce.
We speak your language.
We understand your business, and we understand your business risks. Our knowledge of state and federal laws helps our clients navigate these risks to achieve the best outcomes. We have handled matters for clients across the country and internationally, and they have recognized our work by naming us to Best Lawyers in America
, Super Lawyers
®, Top Up and Comer
and Pittsburgh Magazine
's Rising Stars.
Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney is known for anticipating and addressing issues before they affect clients' operations. Our group draws upon its experience and collaborative knowledge to resolve issues for clients in a wide variety of industries in the private and the public sectors.
Our practice includes:
- Acquisitions and divestitures
- Alternate dispute resolution
- Human resources and employee relations issues
- Employee benefits and ERISA
- Employment agreements and executive compensation
- Employment litigation
- Employment-related class-action litigation
- ERISA and multiemployer plan litigation
- Railway Labor Act claims
- Restrictive covenant negotiation and litigation
- Traditional labor relations
- Wage Payment and Fair Labor Standards Act compliance and collective-action litigation
- Workers' compensation
- Workplace safety and health (OSHA and MSHA)