Joseph J. Palumbo represents a diverse group of clients in the acquisition, development, financing and disposition of real estate; the acquisition, disposition, restructuring and financings of business enterprises and their assets; and general business operations.
Joe's experience includes the representation of clients in various industries such as real estate, healthcare, services, financing, manufacturing, education and energy.
Among Joe's major transactions are:
- Development of and related operational contracts for Heinz Field, the home of the National Football League Pittsburgh Steelers.
- Development of 12,000-seat arena in eastern Pennsylvania.
- Acquisition of a portfolio consisting of 13 hospital properties in multiple states.
- Acquisition and lease-back of a portfolio consisting of five private schools.
- Development of a medical arts facility on hospital campus in New England.
- Development of a 200,000-square-foot office building and adjoining 300-space parking garage in Pittsburgh.
- Acquisition of an historical office building and renovation into a luxury hotel in Pittsburgh.
- Acquisition of and financing for a service company with offices in 28 states and annual sales of $100 million and subsequent disposition of company at time that annual sales exceeded $150 million.
- Acquisition and renovation of an office/warehouse building in Pittsburgh.
- A $35-million renovation of multiple schools in a Delaware school district.
- A lease of a sports practice complex (offices/locker rooms/training facility and outdoor and indoor fields).
- Acquisition of a laboratory building for a university in Pittsburgh.
- Acquisition of a major regional mall in Birmingham, Alabama.
- Financing (loan/equity) of major regional mall in Pittsburgh.
- Acquisition and financing of a manufacturing company in Massachusetts.
- Acquisition and leasing of a multi-tenant office building in California and subsequent sale.
- Acquisition of a printing company in Pittsburgh.
- Sale of a waste-transfer station in Philadelphia.
Joe has been selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® list since 2015 under the Real Estate Law category. He has also been named to the Pittsburgh Business Times' "Who's Who in Energy" list in 2016 and 2017.
University of Pittsburgh School of Law, J.D., 1983, cum laude, Editor of the Journal of Law and Commerce
The College of Wooster, B.A., 1980, with honors, Phi Beta Kappa
Allegheny County Bar Association
American Bar Association Section of International Law
Pennsylvania Bar Association
Texas Bar Association