Jose Rafael Florez concentrates his practice on business disputes, contract disputes, intellectual property litigation and probate litigation in federal and state courts. Additionally, he has extensive experience representing institutional creditors in numerous bankruptcy and state court proceedings, and has defended banking clients in RESPA, FDUPTA and FDCPA claims.
Jose has gained experience through his participation in a number of federal and civil trials, including the successful defense of a federal copyright infringement case at the federal trial and appellate levels. Additionally, Jose has argued substantive and procedural motions in federal, circuit and county courts and has handled a number of mediations.
Some of Jose’s significant decisions include:
- Dawes-Ordonez v. Forman, 2011 U.S. App. LEXIS 5599 (11th Cir. Fla. Mar. 17, 2011)
- Dawes-Ordonez v. Realtor Ass'n of Greater Fort Lauderdale, Inc., 2010 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 44160 (S.D. Fla.May 5, 2010)
- Bella Aurora Pacheco, M.D., P.A. v. Syneron, Inc., 46 So. 3d 1218 (Fla. Dist. Ct. App. 4th Dist. 2010)
In 2017, Jose was named to the 2017 Florida Rising Stars list. In 2014, he was selected as a Fellow for the Florida Bar Leadership Academy, and has been selected as a Florida Rising Star since 2013.
Jose is fluent in Spanish.
University of Florida Levin College of Law, J.D., 2007
University of Florida, M.S., 2004
University of Florida, B.A., 2003
Abilene Christian College, A.A.
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
The Florida Bar: Rules of Judicial Administration Committee
The Florida Bar: Business Law; Trial Lawyers; Young Lawyers Division