Ivan J. Punchatz
- Assisted facilities on how to efficiently comply with the technical, privacy and security requirements of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and Part D Medicare.
- Eliminated deficiencies, through hearings and negotiations, reduced scope and severity findings, and reduced civil monetary penalties and other sanctions in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Florida and other states, including the elimination of a $500,000 ban on payment for new admissions.
- Handled the sale of an NF in New Jersey that commanded the highest per bed price ever paid in the state and asset or stock transfers of NFs, DME companies, HHAs, hospicesand AMDCs.
- Obtained certificates of need, bed transfer rights and other relief under various state regulatory schemes, including representing the plaintiff in the only case in New Jersey in which one NF successfully overturned an entire batch of beds awarded to multiple applicants.
- Increased New Jersey Medicaid reimbursement through rate appeals, audit appeals and court actions totaling approximately $17 million since December 2009, for multiple NF providers.
- Negotiated with the Medicare Intermediary regarding improper activities by an outside therapy provider and change of ownership issues.
- Negotiated settlements with New JerseyMedicaid Fraud Division and the Office of the Inspector General (OIG)for HHS.
- Prepared individual and chain compliance plans for NFs in accordance with OIG guidelines.
- Negotiated CHAPA agreements with the New Jersey Attorney General for hospital transfers.
- Responded to and managed various grand jury subpoenas and investigations.